Another No Start Thread

2BAR86

Okay! my car has been sitting for 9 years. I have a crank no start condition. In this time period I have replaced the bearings valve seals and springs, new timing chain and gear with T/A front cover and rocker arms. I put in a used engine harness that was in better shape than my old one. I have a fresh TT chip with brand new 60# injectors. I drained the old fuel and put on a new fuel filter. I put in a new crank sensor. I have 43 lbs fuel pressure, I have spark and i checked my cam sensor 8 times. I have a ls1 maf with translator. I have put in 3 different icm's and coil packs, 3 different computers. The plugs are wet when i pulled them. I have injector pulse also. I put new plugs in and got a quick back fire and thats it. I DID accidentally have the fuel pump test port plugged into the tach lead. The car did run before i tore it down. If anyone has any input it would be appreciated.
Matt

Maybe check your firing order. Make sure the EST is plugged in on the passenger fender. The backfire proves you have some sort of spark, just not timed right. Cam sensor provides the fuel timing, crank sensor provides the spark timing.

also did you just put the translator in to make sure all the switches are the right position

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I checked my est, it's plugged in but I'm going to swap it with my friends. I do have a fuel gauge. I'm at 43 psi. I have never ran the translator. I have the 4 switches on on on off. I also have 4 dials, all set to 0

do a search on this site for translator settings make sure your settings are right .i have a gen2 so i am not sure where they should be set at or you can go to fullthrottle and down load the manual i know if one switch is wrong it wont run .i know theres someone on this site that knows the answer maybe they will chime in .

If your using a turbo weak chip, you'll want the switches on on on off, and as far as the dials go, you want the one that reads BASE to be set to 1 or 2 (cant remember, I use an LT1 MAF) Do you have the cam sensor cap with the LED that helps you align the cam sensor? If thats ok, the crank sensor is ok, then Im not sure. Hope that helps... -Ben

I have a translator plus. I dont have the harness for the fuel and timing that splices in at the icm. So i put a stock maf back on. I have a cam sensor tool with the led light. I pulled the front cover just to double check timing and it was dead on. Putting it back together now.