Another Fuel Injector Question

ASturbo86

I know there are numerous threads asking similar questions but wanted others opinion on the best fuel injector for my specific combination(see sig). Only additional plan is a stock location upgrade to the intercooler in the future. I see that a lot are using the 60lb injectors with TT chip, but not sure I really need that much injector.
I'm the original owner and will never go beyond a good street performing car since I like keeping it as stock appearing as possible with minimal tear up. A 12 second car is fine with me, dipping into the 11's would be a plus. I know looks shouldn't be the deciding factor but can't get past the look of the 60lb injectors. This along with not really needing that size has got me leaning (no pun intended) toward the 50lb injectors along with the TT chip.
This finally brings me to my main question. Has anyone had just as much luck when it comes to performance, driveability, and idle with the 50lb as they have with the 60lb injectors? Is there any difference in durability between the two?
Thanks in advance (I'm amazed at the tremendous amount of knowledge contained in these threads).

42's are nice if you dont want to go with the 60's. I would go with the 60's just so you have room to play in the future.

The Lucas/Delphi "009" 42.5 lb inj's are tried and true, have been around a long time, and the big name chip makers (TT, FT, etc.) have them down to perfection.... will be plenty, and then some, for your stated goals and look just like stock (except for the thin blue strip).... and are my recommendation if you don't like/want/feel you'll ever need the 60/65 mototrons.... would definitely choose them over the less popular 50's..... my o2.... :)

If i were you i would get the 60lb injectors and a matching TT chip.

You may change your setup in the future and this way you will have the injectors covered and if you don't change your setup there is no downsides to having a little more injector than you need.

Buy once and be done with it.

John :smile:

I just took a set of 50's off my car to get ready for my spare motor, which is in my signature. Also ran the TT alky chip, no issues at all, once I found my injector wiring harness was shorted out (would get a pop at wide open throttle). Eric at turbo tweak can make any injectors you pick out, work for your combination, providing there not toooooooooo small.

Chuck