another egr question

ffej

should i have vacume to my egr valve if i unplug the electrical connector from the egr solenoid.i just got a new chip from turbo tweak that does away with the egr but before i install it i would like to figure out whats up..its driving me nuts! thanks for any help,jeff

anyone? i m going to install my new chip and i would like to know if every thing else is working right . thanks,jeff

I would just block off vacuum to egr. That valve will be open with vacuum to it and that will be a vacuum leak. I say block it and be done with it.

hello people; HIJACK Now lets talk about blocking the EGR. Alot of race guys do it but would it effect a street only car? How would it if it did?
IBBY

well i blocked off the vacum hose to egr valve and installed new tt chip cars all stock and it runs better than ever:biggrin:

well i blocked off the vacum hose to egr valve and installed new tt chip cars all stock and it runs better than ever:biggrin:

hello people; I'd like to know what TT chip that is? I fairly recently got the 5.6 and with any chip related questions I'd go to his site and he'd answer. That's what I would do if I where you. And if you do post up his answer.
IBBY

hello people; HIJACK Now lets talk about blocking the EGR. Alot of race guys do it but would it effect a street only car? How would it if it did?
IBBY

The best way to block is the way champion does it by filling the egr port in the head. Its an emission control that puts hot exhaust gas back in to the intake to reburn and it will lower nox gas.The car will perform better race or street your emissions will rise .nox for sure.Anytime you can keep heat from the intake the car will perform better.Like blocking coolant to the throttlebody

hello people; I'd like to know what TT chip that is? I fairly recently got the 5.6 and with any chip related questions I'd go to his site and he'd answer. That's what I would do if I where you. And if you do post up his answer.
IBBY

All newer chips do not use EGR or read if unpluggled so any TT basically does it.