Another E85 convert

turbo89

Just got a call from another Buick owner that I helped convert over to E85 .. he was hesitant at first but started listening to reason ..
after I took him for a spin in my buick he had me pull the trigger on the parts... he just got the car done this weekend...

and I quote " I wish I would have done it a lot sooner and listened, most powerful mod I've done"

He told me the car FAR out powered his older setup and he still can't believe he is paying $2.68 a gallon vs $9 for race fuel...

goes to show you ... you can have your cake and eat it too :)

Just got a call from another Buick owner that I helped convert over to E85 .. he was hesitant at first but started listening to reason ..
after I took him for a spin in my buick he had me pull the trigger on the parts... he just got the car done this weekend...

and I quote " I wish I would have done it a lot sooner and listened, most powerful mod I've done"

He told me the car FAR out powered his older setup and he still can't believe he is paying $2.68 a gallon vs $9 for race fuel...

goes to show you ... you can have your cake and eat it too :)
Where is he getting it that cheap?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Where is he getting it that cheap?

That's really not all that cheap .. typically locally I get it for $2.30-$2.40 a gallon you just have to time it .. I don't know why prices fluctuate so much but Ive seen it from $2.22 all the way to $2.90 ... he is in Elburn, IL so not exactly sure what station he gets it at but I imagine its close to there.

Even @ $2.90 a gallon that's a steal

I live straight north of Elburn, and was in Elburn yesterday. Cheapest I've seen it in the last year is $2.99, and it's over $3 right now. Guess I'm not going to the right stations....

At any price comparable to pump gas it's a steal... Well worth the conversion! My total cost was around $1000. I built my own double Pumper, wiring from Racetronix, and an injector/chip combo from TT. Still using stock lines. This is on a Turbo TA

The station up the road from me (Route 53 and 55th st, Lisle) it's $3.70. 5 miles away (75th and Cass ave, Darien) it's $3.20. It's crazy how much prices fluctuate. It seems the closer to the corn fields you are, the cheaper the price generally.

I read last year that Illinois was experimenting with lowering the price of e85 to see at what point sakes started to rise.

I live straight north of Elburn, and was in Elburn yesterday. Cheapest I've seen it in the last year is $2.99, and it's over $3 right now. Guess I'm not going to the right stations....

Just emailed me ... ROCHELLE !

Looks like there's an ethanol plant in Rochelle...

Would his name happen to be Rich?

No it's Kyle .. He also has a weekly driven 8 second Turbocharged LX Sedan that will be converted over now.. This one will take a bit more effort to dial in as we have to change pumps / injectors on it .... the LX is probably the biggest sleeper I have ever seen personally .. the first time out on LOW BOOST and LOW traction it went through the traps in the upper 130's .. should be a fun spring.

I recently converted my GN to e85 using some 80s I got from you turbo89. Got a TT 6.1 chip burned and a 320lph fuel pump using stock lines. Car ran an 11 sec pass for first time and IDC was only 75%. Was not sure about converting at first but now I wish I switched sooner!

I recently converted my GN to e85 using some 80s I got from you turbo89. Got a TT 6.1 chip burned and a 320lph fuel pump using stock lines. Car ran an 11 sec pass for first time and IDC was only 75%. Was not sure about converting at first but now I wish I switched sooner!

What mph ?

11.8 at 112. Still working on it

I'm sure you will get it dialed in ... E85 is a total game changer with these cars .. where it really gets interesting is when you fully understand the fuel and make the tune / parts selection fit that puzzle .. it's unreal how effortless it is to make power.