another Arizona newb

turbotroy

Hey all how's it going? I posted greetings a few weeks ago in the wrong spot, so I think I now know what a thread jack is. (My bad ). Anyway I'm in Casa Grande area and just moved here and my car is garaged in Tucson. Wanting to play with this thing and get it fast enough to need a roll cage and then back off a few tenths lol. How difficult is tech at the strip in Tucson? I haven't ran out there since the mid 70's but I'm sure things have changed. Anyway look forward to meeting ya and playing with the car some when weather cools a bit.
Cheers!

turbotroy said:
Hey all how's it going? I posted greetings a few weeks ago in the wrong spot, so I think I now know what a thread jack is. (My bad ). Anyway I'm in Casa Grande area and just moved here and my car is garaged in Tucson. Wanting to play with this thing and get it fast enough to need a roll cage and then back off a few tenths lol. How difficult is tech at the strip in Tucson? I haven't ran out there since the mid 70's but I'm sure things have changed. Anyway look forward to meeting ya and playing with the car some when weather cools a bit.
Cheers!

Well if everything goes well I may be able to tell you. I am gonna try to make it to the test-n-tune on 7 Sept.

Welcome to TB. My name is Clint and I am from Sierra Vista, Az..

another looney from AZ?

Welcome!
I'm in Northern Az, but your in good company in Tucson,

Welcome to the site.:) Have NO fear! Your car will be faster and your credit cards will maxed out more than you could ever imagine.:D We can help you with both of these issues.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

welcome, im here in tucson and there are a few of us down here. tech @ sir isnt bad but with an aftermarket turbo they might hassle you to have a fire jacket. get in touch with me if you ever have plans to head out there to run. ill meet you out there. my GN is currently down (again) getting a new motor bu i can cruise my big block skylark out there and have some fun.

buickbert
robert....

welcome, im here in tucson and there are a few of us down here. tech @ sir isnt bad but with an aftermarket turbo they might hassle you to have a fire jacket. get in touch with me if you ever have plans to head out there to run. ill meet you out there. my GN is currently down (again) getting a new motor bu i can cruise my big block skylark out there and have some fun.

buickbert
robert....

Do you know if they are running test-n-tune on Saturdays also? I heard that rumor around here.......

Hey all, thanks for the welcome and look forward to getting together. I'm aiming for that test n tune on sept 7 but right now trying to get win 7 to talk to power logger and then have a big learning curve on tuning one of these things before getting out of driveway, and then to the track. Got all the parts in my sig now so looking forward to having fun and meeting some good folks. Buickbert, I'll let ya know when I'm headed that way. Cheers
Troy

not sure about saturdays but the schedule on sidragway.com shows the next test/tune to in fact be the 7th
im in to go, baring a miracle my GN wont be ready to.

Hey Robert, I don't think mine is gonna be either, especially with going to Oregon to move the rest of my stuff down, but if I can get it running right even without installing a lot of the stuff I bought, it'll still be fun to come out n play. Not really aiming to make it a racecar, just a fun quick hobby. I'm also aware how this can snowball. ;-) Cheers
Troy

Hey Robert, I don't think mine is gonna be either, especially with going to Oregon to move the rest of my stuff down, but if I can get it running right even without installing a lot of the stuff I bought, it'll still be fun to come out n play. Not really aiming to make it a racecar, just a fun quick hobby. I'm also aware how this can snowball. ;-) Cheers
Troy

Guys,

I will be heading down to SIR on Nov 3rd for the ADRA race. It's a day race and gates open at 10:00 AM. If you don't make it to the track maybe we can meet up afterwards.

RJ

RJ REYNOLDS said:
Guys,

I will be heading down to SIR on Nov 3rd for the ADRA race. It's a day race and gates open at 10:00 AM. If you don't make it to the track maybe we can meet up afterwards.

RJ

Let me know if you change your mind or have issues. I may try to come and meet ya!

Hey all, my car isn't going to be ready for the 7rth test and tune, but hopefully the next one. If any of ya are gonna be there this friday evening I will try to make it and see how tech goes. Cheers!

I was thinking about heading down to Tucson this Friday night. Weather looks cooler than this place and I could use the test session.