Anheiser-Busch sold to Belgians.

Guys - The company did not close, it simply was sold to someone else. The beer will continue to be made here and will taste the same. We preach capitalism to the rest of the world and so we have to live by it here also.

I like Bud. I am not a connoisseur(I looked up the spelling. :)), but I still thought it was good. It was in every bar liquor store and teen's car as long as I can remember. I do like Sam Adams, and some other beers, but I always knew that I could find a Bud wherever I went. Now it looks like Sam is my new friend.
I used to think that you know it isn't too bad, if I bought something that was owned by another country, but made here, but it happens more and more. Our economy isn't as strong as it used to be, so I am starting to rethink my ways. I was at..... shield your eyes...... The Christmas Tree Shop, and you know they had "Made in China" printed right on the price tags. That is how much of their stuff is made in China. It is easier to put it on the price tag. Now they do sell some stuff that is made in the good ole US of A, but hardly anything. I will not be returning. They did have a wide selection of cheap stuff, for the yard, grill, whatever, but I would much rather pay more if it is going to keep money in this country, MY country. I'm sure that I will still be buying stuff that is made in China or Mexico, or Zimbabwe. It is unavoidable, but I am going to try hard for American made products. We all should.
Oh CRAP, I think I ventured into the realm of political posts.

I won't be drinking Bud Lite anymore. :(

its for the better trust me on this one home slice; bud lite was horrible, tasted like agua with a seaoner packet added.

guinness, sam adams, any organic beer, local pubs with home brews (popular in so cal too) heff's are even decent. I'd drink a mickeys 40oz before a BL! Or belgium light as their called now. IPAs+ ALES+ LAGERS+ these are the beer basics. The world has a ceit load to choose from, use your free choose wisly. me personally, can't ever turn down an organically made lager. one of my favorites is Sam Smith's Organic Lager......danky!

Hey hope to see you later on tonight i guess bbq in HB?
DS

If you want a good Bud replacement try Yuengling Traditional Lager.

Americas oldest beer. :cool:

Goes down smooth, cold, and often. :biggrin:

Heavy beers suck for thirst quenching and getting drunk quick. :wink: :p

Nothing wrong with Heineken either, it's all about the beer. :smile:

Only problem with Ying Ling is I have to travel to get it. :(

Just had 4 yesterday for the first time, very good and is cheap.

The irony is Bud ripped on Miller for South African Breweries being a 64% stock holder in them and even August Busch liked this deal?? This is why if I had a huge company like this I'd never let my family be less than 51% stock holders. Adolphus Busch is probably haunting his family right now.

Oh well, I don't drink the stuff anyways. :cool:

Sam Adams is now the largest US beer company.

Maybe Uncle Sam Adams will move up to the merrimack nh plant when INBEV sells off this bud plant......those Free beer tours will be fun then.! :tongue:

You know that is my T's favorite drag strip road to whip butt!