Angry Durham NC residents Use paintballs on speeders

Who do they think they are, Charles Bronson in Death Wish :rolleyes:. I see nothing good comming from this.

Yea, I see a paintball gun being stuck up someones butt for that... What are they going to do when one of those crazy gang bangers from Durham roll through there and start shooting back with REAL guns:eek:

Paintballs aren't fun to get hit by, but they are more fun than being hit with a .45 slug!!!

Here in Va. it is a felony to shot, throw or hit a moving vehicle with anything. I wouldn't press charges against them if they let me post a video tape their reaction when I whipped out the S&W 4506!!!

Nothing good can come from this. Paintballs can seriously damage cars. I am sure there are many laws would be broken if they did follow through with shooting at the cars.

Taking the law into their own hands will only result in more laws getting broken and eventually someone will get seriously hurt/killed because as stated in a previous post they will run into someone crazier than them. You always do eventually.

Two things I've noticed over the last 10 years.

1. Society is getting frustrated with the increase in the lack of respect people have for other people.

2. Enforcement of traffic laws by police has become very subjective by the LE's.
a. Some police agencies see it strictly as revenue generating and not as traffic safety so they only ticket the violators that require least amount of time to complete and there is absolutely no mercy or consideration for circumstances. Drunk drivers take too much time so they are let go to catch the next speeder (witnessed it three times).
b. Others see it as a waste of time and do nothing to virtually any violator(my brother in law, a rural LE, won't stop you until you are approaching triple digits).
c. There are LE's who enjoy their authority and will write a ticket because they can even when there is no violation (we have a cop here in G'ville that will falsify time to write you a huge ticket for speeding through a school zone).
d.There are LE's who have their head screwed on straight for traffic control and recognize when to issue a warning and when to write the ticket (these are disappearing from our police agencies though and it's a shame).

Everyone has at one time or another violated a traffic law, some by being too cautious, some by being careless, some by just not paying attenton for a few secinds and some deliberately. Recognizing the difference goes along way in changing the behavior. Some LE's have that ability and some don't.

Mikey

I have had the same idea here where I live. About 1/4 mile from an elementary school, and right next to a pool, and people blow stop-signs around here like nobodies business. Though I always come to the same conclusion... a) it wouldn't help, and b) I'd be the one to get in trouble.

In defense of the Durham natives I would almost guarantee these are transplants from elsewhere. A LOT has changed in that area from the massive influx. The majority of true North Carolinians ( with a few exceptions ) would not participate in or create this type activity. They might block the road, pull you outa your car and re-arrange your teeth but it would not be something like the paintball thing. :D

In defense of the Durham natives I would almost guarantee these are transplants from elsewhere. A LOT has changed in that area from the massive influx. The majority of true North Carolinians ( with a few exceptions ) would not participate in or create this type activity. They might block the road, pull you outa your car and re-arrange your teeth but it would not be something like the paintball thing. :D

You are right about that... Probably a yuppie neighborhood filled with RTP workers...