And so it begins.... (lsx content)

The gt4788 is a heavy monster! It needed to go exactly there. Any further back and the tire could possibly rub. Any closer to the middle of the car and it would be a pain to get the pipe to clear the water pump. Any lower would cause downpipe issues. Any higher and it would hit the hood. Took awhile to get it lined up. Especially working by myself. My left arm is still being a bitch...making it tough to lean over and hold this 50+lb turbo lol.
I had it wedged into place with a bunch of 2x4"s until I could get a couple tack welds in place.
I'm going to use a flex pipe between the headers and the turbo somewhere. Even with the solid mounts, I don't want to take a chance.

As far as the inner fenders, I'm undecided on that. I may go hunt for some NA ones or some that are not in great shape. I will have to do a lot of trimming on the pass side. I'm still trying to make zero cuts on the car for this conversion.

Here is the overhead view.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120626_072804.png
    ForumRunner_20120626_072804.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 235
More goodies showed io today.
Got my Holley system. These were on back order. They redesigned the internals. The system was having issues with the stock ls1 coils under boost. It really doesn't matter to me because I am going to run their wastespark system with their coils.

Also picked up my flex pipe I'm going to use between the turbo and headers

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120626_160922.png
    ForumRunner_20120626_160922.png
    292 KB · Views: 167
Just fyi I saw a thread on yellowbullet about flex pipe and the dude that started the thread had one like yours that looked fine on the outside but the inside was jacked, basically was completely closed down on itself...there was another style that apparently worked better, it had another layer inside...I'll try to find it.

Thanks for the heads up. I will try this and if it messes up I will try the other style. This one is from vibrant but doesn't have that inner liner.

Thinking about mounting the coils on angle iron like the picture and mounting the line of them on the AC delete plate up high

Also had to include this pic of a b17 I saw today. Definitely one of my favorite machines ever made.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120626_164623.png
    ForumRunner_20120626_164623.png
    260.8 KB · Views: 171
  • ForumRunner_20120626_164641.png
    ForumRunner_20120626_164641.png
    327.8 KB · Views: 161
Made a bracket and mounted my Holley coils tonight. The plug wires are not cut to length yet, just mocked up for now. trying to figure out the best routing of them.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120627_221727.png
    ForumRunner_20120627_221727.png
    423 KB · Views: 181
  • ForumRunner_20120627_221742.png
    ForumRunner_20120627_221742.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 186
No updates. I'm working a GN a guy dropped off. The gn is a project someone started and never finished. It is my way of raising capital, so my car got pushed to the side. However, the plan is to get my car to my friend Tom's house this weekend to start the hot side fabrication.
I was hoping to get the gn ready to race tsm at bpg, but I am going on a family vacation instead. Ordered about $3k+ in parts for the car this week alone amd probably another $2k is needed. It is going to keep me busy for awhile (the gn, that is.)

Dropped the car off at tom Robinson's house last night where we are going to Fab the hotside and cold side up. That was the most progress I have made on it since this other car arrived. Hopeful we will have something in the next couple weeks.

We started the hotside. Hope to have it all tacked together Sunday. Definitely a different approach than what I've seen so far.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120803_222144.png
    ForumRunner_20120803_222144.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 168
LSXtv quotes:
"Truthfully, we’re not sure why someone would yank the factory turbocharged Buick V6 for an LS engine.........

We have a few theories, however. The aftermarket the LS engines is immense..."

It is nice to see such a large fine selection of Chinese parts on Ebay to keep the LSX motor craze alive!

the twins pictured on page 8ish,what size are they,the twin set up looks easy to do,i am thinking of 2 ebay gt45 turbos or ebay gt35's...not sure about spool thowould i need a smaller AR.

the twins pictured on page 8ish,what size are they,the twin set up looks easy to do,i am thinking of 2 ebay gt45 turbos or ebay gt35's...not sure about spool thowould i need a smaller AR.

I'm not exactly sure what turbos they are. Pm "chit talker" on here. That is the banana, another former v6 class car, that he is putting together.

LSXtv quotes:
"Truthfully, we’re not sure why someone would yank the factory turbocharged Buick V6 for an LS engine.........

We have a few theories, however. The aftermarket the LS engines is immense..."

It is nice to see such a large fine selection of Chinese parts on Ebay to keep the LSX motor craze alive!

I take it you are trying to be an asshole here with this comment. Go start your own thread. Thanks.

According to you, I wasn't ready for a stage 2 when I talked to you on the phone when I was trying to buy that engine you had for sale. Had money in my pocket but you didn't think I could handle a stage 2. Maybe I will be able to handle this...you think?

Kevin,
I don't recall u ever wanting to buy a S2 motor from me and I would have certainly sold of to u if u wanted it. I may have one complete now if ur interested.

Sorry I upset u thought we where friends. Looking forward to seeing ur car finished.