And he walked away..must see pics

GNTIM

I work part time at a body shop and there is an impound lot next door. The driver of this 2002 Audi A8 got really drunk and tried to take a gradual left turn on a wet road at a really high rate of speed. The roadside was lined with a fence composed of posts that were really cut down telephone poles. Each one chipped away at the car like a saw blade before finally hitting a light pole. The guy walked away with only a few scratches...no really!

Attachments

• PICT0570.JPG
    PICT0570.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 331
  • PICT0571.JPG
    PICT0571.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 329
  • PICT0572.JPG
    PICT0572.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 301
  • PICT0574.JPG
    PICT0574.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 325
  • PICT0575.JPG
    PICT0575.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 287
Wow. That is combined luck and a good car. The drivers area looks untouched. Also, I'm sure an Audi is a better car to be in, in a wreck than say, a Kia.
the back seat passenger would have been not so lucky though.

Very lucky. If he slid off a right hand turn, the damage would be on the driver's side, different story. Crazy!!!!!

so did your body shop do a quote to get that thing fixed back up and back on the road for the guy?

so did your body shop do a quote to get that thing fixed back up and back on the road for the guy?
HAH! I don't think the adjuster got out of his car. Dude came home and his wife told him it was over and she had a new man, so he lost it...

I don't care how screwed up it was for his wife to say it's over blah-blah. There is still no reason for that idiot to have been driving drunk........ Should have wiped him out for being stupid......

sorry to be harsh but damn. so many people get hurt or killed due to drunk driving.......

But on a second note i'm a Firefighter and i have been called out to wrecks way worse than that and the person not have a scratch on them.

Not too harsh SloGN, thanks for your service as a firefighter. The tow company billed his insurance over $2000 to scrape this pile of parts up. At first, I thought about buying it and selling the useable parts, but almost everything is damaged or destroyed. The timing belt was cut, so the engine is really just a questionable core. It's a Quattro, so the transmission is probably junk as well. Don't drink and drive people!

Why is it always the drunks that walk away from their carnage!?

Sent from my iPad using Turbo Buick