AN Hose and Fitting test ?

KWIKR 1

Im making up a few little pieces of fuel line out braided hose and AN fittings and pressure checking them with compressed air to 80+psi . Im getting a 5 psi drop per 30 mins . is this acceptable ? My thinking is there should be no pressure drop what so ever .

I wouldn't think there would be any loss!
but.... air molecules are alot smaller than fuel molecules , and would leak where fuel would not.
but if it holds 75psi after 30 min, I say OK.

Since your using your lines to handle fuel Tim....I hope you're using teflon lined stainless steel braided hose!

Yep..they are teflon lined . i gave them a water bath while under pressure , and you can see the tiniest of a air bubble coming out every 20 seconds or so where the hose goes into fitting .

Yes for sure. I have an oil line that has come apart while driving and it still leaks oil a little. I can't figure it out

[quote="larry33kc, post: 3125230, member: 3008"Going to order some Aeroquip fittings and see how they fair ]Yes for sure. I have an oil line that has come apart while driving and it still leaks oil a little. I can't figure it out[/quote]

Going to order some Aeroquip fittings and hose and see how they fair . :)

you are correct, did you submerge in water ?
I have bought defective AN line before, use the test kit from racepartsolutions ?

you are correct, did you submerge in water ?
I have bought defective AN line before, use the test kit from racepartsolutions ?

yep..gave them a water bath . i made up my own AN test kit as well . any feed back on the summit racing fittings ? another member is telling me they are nice .