Ams-500

No doubt this will turn into the best selling unit ever. You can't beat the precise control of the AMS. Now they have simplified it and priced it right. It should be the hands down, best controller on the market for the $$.

AMS-500 Group Special

LOOKING FOR A GREAT DEAL ON THIS BOOST CONTROLLER!!
Due to the overwhelming Pre-Orders of these AMS-500 Boost Controllers,
We are offering a VERY LOW Group Rate Price!:eek:
Give us a call if you would like to get in on this Special Group Purchase Price!!!
~ Thank you, Holly @ Hartline Performance 321-722-1563

Does the unit come with everything needed? If not, what else is needed for the install?
Thanks

The unit has no way of knowing what base wastegate pressure spring you have. The easiest way to find this out is to make a pass with no CO2, preload or controller on the wategate and see the total boost on the spring only. Then run the controller from there.

My turbosmart made only 9 PSI (109motor 70GTQ) on the spring, no CO2 or controller. The 42-76 made 12-13 psi on the same wastegate and spring. So now using this unit I know that I cannot run the launch boost or stage 1 lower than that boost number. Thats the beauty of CO2 control, it allows you to use the lowest spring pressure. The CO2 will take you as high as you dare. Sorry for the ramble.

Louie,

I understand that it has know way of know what your gate pressure is.
I wanted to know how it controls boost past your gate spring pressure. IE: fuzzy logic etc.

Louie,

I understand that it has know way of know what your gate pressure is.
I wanted to know how it controls boost past your gate spring pressure. IE: fuzzy logic etc.

The unit monitors the pressure on the gate and pulses the solenoids to increase/decrease the pressure on the wastegate to match what you have programmed in the controller.

Ams 500

After Several Calls wanting more information on the AMS-500. I have attached the AMS-500 Manual for you to take a look at. If you have any questions, Cal will be more than happy to answer them. You can email us or give us a call @ 321-722-1563. ~ Thank you, Holly Hartline
View attachment 38026

Can you PM me your current price.

Thank You,
Marty

so how steady will it keep the boost?
The guys at NLR have the most precise control you can imagine. My AMS-1000 is dead on every pass within .5 psi. It does take some laps to figure out what gate pressure you need for the desired boost but you learn quickly and it's dead on from there.

Pricing

Cal
Is is possible for you to PM me the Price on the AMS and the Dual Port Actuators?

Thanks
Joe

There seems to be some confusion on how the controller works. It controls the amount of pressure on the wastegate NOT the amount of boost the car is running. When you program it, you are programming wastegate pressure NOT boost pressure. Because of this, spring pressure is a big factor in your settings. Your spring pressure determines how low you can control your boost, i.e. a 7# spring will only allow you to control boost down to 7 pounds.
On cars that want a large range of boost control (5# launch, 30# during pass) you may have to use CO2 to get the 25# spread depending on your turbos backpressure

This is the same method that is employed on the AMS1000 and gives you a much flatter boost line. For those of you with the old Innovative controller this method is referred to as "wastegate mode" not the "manifold mode" that most people employ.

Not sure if this information cleared anything up :confused:

Thanks Cal & Holly, I will be installing mine later this week along with the CO2 and special actuator. I'll let you know how it works.

Where do you put the Solenoids??

We make a bracket for mounting the solenoids.

This bracket and solenoids can then be mounted on the pass side inner fender neat the radiator. There is a metal bracket that is strong enough to hold them.

If you need more info, e-mail me direct, or call me.

We make a bracket for mounting the solenoids.

This bracket and solenoids can then be mounted on the pass side inner fender neat the radiator. There is a metal bracket that is strong enough to hold them.

If you need more info, e-mail me direct, or call me.

Thanks Nick..Bracket was on my mind. The location was not. But you gave me an idea, and I will mix up some kind of detail under the Hood...:rolleyes:

Joe