Amount of safe boost with factory fuel system?

I wouldn't add extra fuel ,to stop knock,at the expense of power. There would be no good reason for that.Yes,fuel quantity is the way to run more boost when you lack fuel quality. You get away with more boost in first and second gears because there is less load on the motor.

That is what a WBO2 is for. I have no problem sacrificing a couple horsepower and try to run it a little rich on top of a big fmic. Been doing it for years withno blown up motors yet.

I just had my Evo on the dyno (Mustang) and on 93oct it did 398awhp and 370awtq running safely @ 11.7 a/f ratio. Not to shabby and it is a fun car! The boost in that car is at 28 psi with those numbers just last week and I run it the same through all gears since my boost controller hasn't been up to the task. The GN is running a TT chip wonderfully with that boost. I certainly understand the lower boost with higher loads, but I don't want to have to rely on an alky pump to run a little more boost. Set the car up right and be happy with pump. That is just my opinion of course!

That is what a WBO2 is for. I have no problem sacrificing a couple horsepower and try to run it a little rich on top of a big fmic. Been doing it for years withno blown up motors yet.

My point was that ,if I could make x amount of power with 17 lbs of boost.I would only run 18 if it made more. I wouldn't want to run 18 and make less just to be able to say I run 18 lbs on 93. Do you know if your motor makes more power at a richer 18 than it does at a leaner 17

How lean ya talking? My preference is not to "say" how much boost I can run, my preference is to run as much boost as I am comfortable with as well as how lean.

This is just with my own personal experience. I would rather run a little higher boost, less timing and a good bit of fuel. I am sure it would make more power if I leaned it out to 12.5 - 1 compared to what it is now. My car is a true street car, only sees pump gas and it gets it gas from whatever station is closer when I need it.

I haven't had this GN on the dyno and I probably won't. I might take it up to the track sometime, but it is just a cruiser, fun project that I feel is well setup for higher boost on pump. When it blows, I will post back and say I ran to much boost =/

I've made an adjustable waste gate actuator allowing me to turn up my boost. Just wondering what you guys have ran into with turning up your boost. I have a fuel pressure gauge to check and so far it stays pound per pound with the boost rising
I would not turn up the boost until I had a better fuel pump in the tank. Look at the age of the car. You have no idea what the fuel sock looks like plus the original pump cannot keep up.