Am I missing anything?

shocker998md

Hey guys,

I'm needing some thoughts on this because I've had my engine apart for so long now. I'm going to be going to Richard Clarks shop again for round two with my engine assembly and instead of bombarding him with questions over the phone I figured id put up a thread so I can make a list. So far I have a short block minus cam that's assembled. Round two is going to consist of:
Install new cam
inspect heads and comp 980 springs
Measure for pushrods
Install my edelbrock timing set and earl brown front cover
Remove my old cam sensor from my factory cover and install it on the new one

Now I've got a pack of the two ARP cam bolts, ill be buying a cam and lifter set from Mr. Clark and I'm really brain dumping what else I need to be able to install the front cover. Off the top of my head it should be:
Cam bolts
Timing set
DONT INSTALL TENSTIONER
New cam button
Cover and cover bolts (has new gaskets)
Keyway is still in the crank

So am I missing anything? I figure if I get through that round Ill be able to bolt down and torque the intake and everything else should be just bolt on and torque, not really setting anything up if that makes sense.

Especially when you taking the cover on and off setting up the end play on the cam button

Yea that was a real pita when he forgot that, i think he forgot a few more thing also cause the engine started knocking after 1000 mile breakin. One pass knock knock knock. You learn the hard way,went to a real gn engine builder. Running awsome now,just another 5,500 bucks