am i a ricer?

Sorry i forgot the NOS sticker. I was including them in the obvious other stickers. Most ricers think NOS stands for no ordinary
sh%&head.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Seriously. lmao

Originally posted by NICKG
well i did it. i went and took the plunge and bought a new mitsu lancer evo.
i still own 3 gn.s(all 87's) and i love them. they are a lot of fun even though the lancer is a bit quicker to 50 or so(awd and stick 271hp)

Congrats on the new purchase. The new EVOs are awesome and are definately not rice. It just sounds like you need to mod at least one of those gns some more to keep it on top (at least in a straight line ;)).

-Jade

They just had an article in Car and Driver about the 2004 STi vs EVO. The EVO won the "battle" but i did'nt get that. The STi won the 0-60 and 1/4mi. Yes I like the WRX better if you didnt notice :p. I assume you got the 04 EVO right? Does it really run 19lbs of boost stock?

Nice car though NICKG, have fun.

Originally posted by salvageV6
Yup, you be one. :eek:

It's your wifes car so you have a reasonable excuse. :D

You kill me Salvage :p ..........seems to be a million different views on what most people consider rice. The new Evo LOOKS like a ricer(IMO), BUT does that make it rice?????..........where's Webster when ya need him??:D

You're not a ricer.
A ricer is the "image", not the car.
If I was willing to plunk down that kind of cash, I'd be looking at WRX's and Evo's too. I've never been into sports cars, and prefer 4 door sedans anyway. Something about hauling the family and hauling ass with the same car is cool with me.

Yes dood. ;)

Hey Ken, you goin' Jacks the 26th?

Hope to see y'all there.

Hope to pick up some parts too. :cool:

No offense to any ricers but there's only a few valid excuses.

1. It's my wifes car... really.

2. My Buick is getting painted this week...

3. Tranny went on my 10.8 pass last week. :D

So why is a GSX, TSi Talon or a Turbo Laser rice when its made in the US?! Odd...oh well... :p Turbo, Yummm ;)

You know you have a true ricer when you fill up the gas tank and double the value of the car!
Jeff

Originally posted by Buyota
So why is a GSX, TSi Talon or a Turbo Laser rice when its made in the US?! Odd...oh well... :p Turbo, Yummm ;)
Cuz they're usually "riced out" or simply look ricey on their own?.... :confused:

No you're not rice. Rice I think is more of an attitude.

Funny you posted this because I thought the same thing when I was at the Mitsu dealer. I went to test drive the evo VIII; kick a$$ fun car in the twisties. But as I was looking out the dealership's window, looking at the wing thinking aren't I a little old (40's) for the wingie thingie? Asked the salesman about the ages of those that bought the evo, he said he sold one to a guy around 20 and the other 2 were late 30's early 40's.

By the way what was the mark-up? Their markup was $10K:eek: okay nice $30k car but $40k :rolleyes: .

Good luck with the evo.

If you rice out a DSM you deserve to be shot, just like a liberal who thinks they can control the government.