Aluminum vs Cast Iron heads

I’ve never worked with Dave before. Is this the Dave Huesk (might be spelled wrong) I see on the board? I'm really interested in improving performance while retaining streetability. I highly value recommendations from folks who have used others products.

Our motors are similar...so i will add my 2 cents... I didnt find any companys that had a better record of satisfaction/performance than PTC. My 9.5 , 17 blade was spec'd by Dusty....and was the single biggest improvement i ever made..along with the Alky Control..... Its one of the things you cant know about until you experience it...i was leaving so much on the table with the entry level PTC 10" L/U. The way it grabs ahold of the engine at the shift is amazing. i use a G-Tech pro to get a MPH reading and gained almost 10 MPH at similar boost in 1320ft tests. Sure ,you will find other very good converters out there..but i dont think you will find one better.

I would be interested in speaking with Dusty as well... Got a number by chance?

I’ve never worked with Dave before. Is this the Dave Huesk (might be spelled wrong) I see on the board? I'm really interested in improving performance while retaining streetability. I highly value recommendations from folks who have used others products.
Give Dave a call, he really takes his time with you.
Also give Dusty a call or send him a PM.

ur still whining?

No whining here, just letting others know that PTC isn't the only converter choice out there.

How do you think Dave and others have made better converters?

You take one apart [PTC] and see what's inside and make improvements on that design or go in another direction altogether which now has been done with great results.

I'm not getting in a pissing match with you on this subject, and will only say that there are choices out there for those that take the time to research their options.

If you only knew the truth you wouldn't be shooting off your mouth, but don't worry we expect that kind of ignorance and petty attacks from you, as well as your ghetto grammar display.

Gnbrett is the Donald Trump of tb.com :D... Far as the heads go I would think even if you didn't need the better flow of aluminums the weight savings over irons would enough to justify,.. Anyone know the weight difference?

typically aluminums are half what irons weigh.. 72 lbs for a pair of irons. 36 lbs for a pair of champ aluminums

Between that and maybe a braille lightweight battery your at close to 50lb weight savings...if your really motivated lose some weight, that's if your fat, from what I've seen most of us are :oops:

Between that and maybe a braille lightweight battery your at close to 50lb weight savings...if your really motivated lose some weight, that's if your fat, from what I've seen most of us are :oops:
I've lost 12lbs here recently, so I'm done to 202. The problem is though when I last had my car at the track I weighed 185. I'm trying to get down 170. At close to 6'2", I'm not going to be able to get much lower than 170, if I can even make it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the TA or Champion aluminium heads have larger valves than champion irons? Our motors seem to do their best with the highest air flow or path of least resistance as possible. I couldn't believe how much a roller cam helped out with my application. Very zippy!!!

Yes they do have bigger valves and valve spacing. Also, Bigger ports as well meat to port out to much larger than the factory irons. Norm for alums are the felpro 1200 intake gasket size and the irons are the stock size gasket.

Does one cylinder head make more low end tq over the other? I know the intake runners and plenum volume play a huge role in this also. Usually when we go to stage heads on my engine with larger valves you loose some low end tq but the top end makes up for it especially when the cylinder heads will support higher rpm.