Aluminum vs Cast Iron heads

sometimes getting the car from a to b the fastest is not about max flow numbers at all.a topic not really discussed on this board and proven by many running 9s on iron.
Ahh... I think he knows that.
Please dont run RC off the board too! There have been too many iconic figures run off by KIA's and it effects all of us.

the converters have really improved the head stuff is old news.keep your champion irons lots more you can do around that head to go faster.

Yeah that's probably my best bet. I thought I had a good converter tho.... Well when I bought it about 5 years ago:)

Yeah that's probably my best bet. I thought I had a good converter tho....
its not that its not a good piece its just turbo buicks have generally a lower rpm range to get things done and there are those that figured out how to make converters to better suit that rpm/power range.

its not that its not a good piece its just turbo buicks have generally a lower rpm range to get things done and there are those that figured out how to make converters to better suit that rpm/power range.

Recommendations on good converter?

Yes, on the drag strip
this is how it works the converter flashes higher based on how much power you can apply.the trick is to have a converter that loose enough to allow the right amount of launch boost/rpm and have a coupling point that keeps the engine in max power range the longest.

Recommendations on good converter?
Our motors are similar...so i will add my 2 cents... I didnt find any companys that had a better record of satisfaction/performance than PTC. My 9.5 , 17 blade was spec'd by Dusty....and was the single biggest improvement i ever made..along with the Alky Control..... Its one of the things you cant know about until you experience it...i was leaving so much on the table with the entry level PTC 10" L/U. The way it grabs ahold of the engine at the shift is amazing. i use a G-Tech pro to get a MPH reading and gained almost 10 MPH at similar boost in 1320ft tests. Sure ,you will find other very good converters out there..but i dont think you will find one better.

Sure ,you will find other very good converters out there..but i dont think you will find one better.

You might be surprised at what's out there now.

There are converters that work as good and even better in some cases, and at a better price.

I have talked to people who have switched from the PTC to Dave's.

There is no one best converter that suits every need.

Dave will also spec out the right converter for his customers and save them money to boot.

Quote: "There are converters that work as good and even better in some cases," even better ? i would be interested to know e x a c t l y how one would go about proving this. I dont think we can bring "ET's" into the discussion. ETing is a different animal with many variables...MPH is a constant fact,yes? i have killed the tires, and pedaled it numerous times, and ran out the back within 2 MPH as well as witnessing this countless times.

Quote: "There are converters that work as good and even better in some cases," even better ? i would be interested to know e x a c t l y how one would go about proving this. I dont think we can bring "ET's" into the discussion. ETing is a different animal with many variables...MPH is a constant fact,yes? i have killed the tires, and pedaled it numerous times, and ran out the back within 2 MPH as well as witnessing this countless times.

Glad you're happy with it.

Let's just say that PTC isn't the only one that makes a kick ass converter.

PS. How many different converters have you tried.;)

There are many ways to skin a cat, I'll leave it at that.;);)

There's nothing wrong with running an aluminum head over an iron. It is not going to hurt the combo in any way. It seems to me that there are a few advantages over the iron heads when switching to a quality set of aluminums. Out of the box flow numbers are superior, they run a larger valve, they can run higher lift cams, better heat dissipation, and more rocker options (if running the stud mount style). You could make an iron head achieve most of these things, with some work. So what is the advantage of the iron heads over the aluminum, is my question? Trying to play the devil's advocate here.
And if you happen to flash the head you can repair it if its the aluminum .not very easy with cast[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So GNBRETT what do you disagree with in that post?

Please share with me and the rest of us what and why you disagree with anything I said.

wats a matter ur feelings get hurt? stop whining. PTC is in the fastest TR's on the planet period! get over it!

So GNBRETT what do you disagree with in that post?

Please share with me and the rest of us what and why you disagree with anything I said.

No whining here, just letting others know that PTC isn't the only converter choice out there.

How do you think Dave and others have made better converters?

You take one apart [PTC] and see what's inside and make improvements on that design or go in another direction altogether which now has been done with great results.

I'm not getting in a pissing match with you on this subject, and will only say that there are choices out there for those that take the time to research their options.

If you only knew the truth you wouldn't be shooting off your mouth, but don't worry we expect that kind of ignorance and petty attacks from you, as well as your ghetto grammar display.