Aluminum reproduction GN wheels :)

Will you be purchasing a new set of aluminum GN wheels?

• Yes, I will be pre-ordering ASAP!

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Yes, when I get the money.

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • Nah, I'll just keep my stock steel rims for now.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Already have aftermarket wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Waiting for reproduction GNX wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%

• Total voters
I'm excited that an 18 is being considered. Like Gnicetry said, it would be the ultimate. Not every mustang or camaro will have them, and they would be a classy looking wheel that retains the true GN look.

I just got ahold of a CAD program and was teaching myself to use it to design a wheel if no one else did it for me. Could take forever, but now it's what I want. So this news is promising.

I Think separate hoops and faces are the way to go. Will it be a possiblity to get a rolled lip, or have the option between a rolled or a stepped lip? And I like the omission of the groove around the rim.

You stated a 10 would be available. What about an 18x11?

Ok for you I have to have 17" wheel guys....

Close to $500-$550 a wheel is what we are looking at. That is just to get a few out there . Then the price will go up so we can make a few bucks.:cool:

We can do 16" or 17"
8" barrel & 9.75" Widths. We can narrow them or widen them but that is additional for a custom size.

They will have the GTA style center hub in 3" They will have a GN cap with center locking inserts like the original GTA GM caps. They will not fly off.

I guess it is put up or shut up time ;)

Brian,
Before I say yea or nay please clue me in.
Are these the one you are talking about making in 17" x 8"?
Or do you have updated pictures?
(yes, I stole them from the other thread)

Attachments

• AluminumGNwheeldesign-1.jpg
    AluminumGNwheeldesign-1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 628
  • AluminumGNwheeldesign-2.jpg
    AluminumGNwheeldesign-2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 625
Yes making that rim in 16,17,18 Here locally. I know this is getting confusing on have a GTA Center cap Hub mount. I'll post pics of the caps shortly. I have been down to thier shop twice today already.

Busy time of year & with the Burlington event around the corner time is tight.

Im sticking by my guns....17 to 18 inch wheels would be dope and I'll buy a set no prob if they were made!

hey if you build the Knight rider 15 inch turbocast wheels. the knight rider guys will go crazy and buy them like hot cakes

Put me down for a set... I'd like 16" or 17", 8" wide.
When will these be available, and how much will they cost?

I'm interested in a 17" set. I have the $$, just want to know what type of deal early peeps are getting and what they actually look like. High res photos please :)

For the time and effort, I may just go with a set of forgelines in 18", check out how good they look on this one!
Todd_GN_087.jpg

i'd like to get a closer look at these ...guy says they car custom built at $2400 a set:eek: ..the pics are not very big on the site.

Attachments

• Nova rims.jpg2.jpg
    Nova rims.jpg2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 683
  • nova rims.jpg3.jpg
    nova rims.jpg3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 667
  • Nova rims.jpg
    Nova rims.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 666
Bweavy:
getting back on-track to the original thread, in the 17" GN-style alum wheel, will they be hub-centric?
thanks.

Bweavy:
getting back on-track to the original thread, in the 17" GN-style alum wheel, will they be hub-centric?
thanks.

dude... check the origin of this thread.
These wheels were 90 days out a year ago, and nobody is even monitoring it (if I had to guess)

I've contacted an engineering firm to completely digitize the original GN wheel and scale it up to 17" and 18" designs to have CNC milled centers and comparing some prices for having the centers put into stepped lip shells.

Unless of course, someone else here is farther down this road.
:p

dude... check the origin of this thread.
These wheels were 90 days out a year ago, and nobody is even monitoring it (if I had to guess)

I've contacted an engineering firm to completely digitize the original GN wheel and scale it up to 17" and 18" designs to have CNC milled centers and comparing some prices for having the centers put into stepped lip shells.

Unless of course, someone else here is farther down this road.
:p

I thank-you for your hard work I really would like a set!!