Aluminum heads

well,hell...we can use my heap as the base test...new engine with well ported irons....easy pass @ 28Lbs and 18* = 127mph... add one set of "cleaned up" alum's and lets see. I would love to know..if i make zero turns to w/gate , where boost would be?

well,hell...we can use my heap as the base test...new engine with well ported irons....easy pass @ 28Lbs and 18* = 127mph... add one set of "cleaned up" alum's and lets see. I would love to know..if i make zero turns to w/gate , where boost would be?

x2

Turns don't mean anything. Log the exhaust pressure before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious how to do this? What equipment?
With a pressure transducer or map sensor. You need to use the correct voltage. The info will come with the sensor

Turns don't mean anything. Log the exhaust pressure before and after Should have said, zero adjustments...so to be apples to apples test.None of that 'test equipment' in my tool box though. i surely would trust your guess though!

It's still not unless it's with the same air quality and altitude

It would be nice to see a back to back cyl head flow test on all that was mentioned.. for shits and giggles of course...im sure it had to be done at on point in time?

So bison you say ported irons? Ta have those?
Good iron for most. There's definitely an advantage to aluminum heads. If I had a choice I'd run aluminum and have them cleaned up as needed. The aluminum heads much more rigid on the intake side also and will resist deflection with higher cylinder pressures

So going real low 9s or high 8s is out of the ? for my irons???
Iron has been that fast but I would do some extra mods to them for that level for sure. Usually if you're looking to go that fast it's more time and more work to use iron heads. Start with a 30 year old casting that needs a crap load of work or start with something new that you can build to your spec and have less work time into them. I know what I do. When it comes to going that fast expense shouldn't even be mentioned because if you have to think about if you're spending too much then you don't want to really go that fast

Yep said and done time and cash i could have bought some race port aluminum but we will see. It was really a joke. Thanks to a good friend.

Last edited:
Aren't valves in Champion aluminum heads bigger than those in Champ iron heads? Conrad

The valves are also moved toward the center of the cylinder and spaced further apart to fit the bigger valves in. Standard T&D rockers will not work unless spaced properly, or made for Champion heads. You can also get GN1's with stud mount rockers, or for a lot more money, Jesel makes a nice shaft mount setup that works well on the stud mount heads.