Aluminum head ??

TMGN

I' m looking at a set of M&A heads.I was told they have 1.9/1.6 valves .Will I have any problems running these on a stock 109 block?Clearence problems?Also any good ar bad reviews of these heads?Thanks Tony

No input available from me on valve sizes,but these heads where known to leak and crack,second run on these heads where rated as troublesome,Many people let them go cheap.Id consider champs or tas myself.

I believe these couldve been used on stock and staged motors due to having both bolt patterns.Alum quality wasnt there,porous material.Just a heads up!

TMGN said:
I' m looking at a set of M&A heads.I was told they have 1.9/1.6 valves .Will I have any problems running these on a stock 109 block?Clearence problems?Also any good ar bad reviews of these heads?Thanks Tony

I've used O-ringed M&A heads for years with no problems. Mine are the 3rd run....they did have cracking problems in the other runs apparently.

Mine are now on a stock block (9.98) and came off a stage block. If you can get a set of third run heads jump on them. I'm not aware of any clearance problems although I did put some of Jason's head clamps onto the bottom 3 bolt holes and had to do considerable fitting of these.

Dan "the man" Strezo did the O ringing.

I am running 1.94/1.7 on a 3.815 bore on mine. They fit in there, a little shrouding going on, but I'll have my heads when I get ready to go into a Stage block one day.

Is there a way he can tell if the heads are first gen/second gen/third gen? Casting number, or something? How can he be sure he's getting the good ones?

Ormand said:
Is there a way he can tell if the heads are first gen/second gen/third gen? Casting number, or something? How can he be sure he's getting the good ones?

Sure. Send 'em to Dan Strezo.... :biggrin: That's how I found out about mine. I was worried after I'd heard about the cracking and asked Dan. He reassured me that mine were the goodjuns.

There are no marking on mine to indicate anything.

I'm curious though....since mine don't have any markings and didn't crack at all after many years, and Mr. Cheeseburger says his say Stage 3 and have cracked, what's the difference.

Are yours cast with the words Stage 3 in them or are words stamped into it??