Aluminum brake drums on GN

Black3

Fargan sneaky bastages!
With stock GN wheels, do I paint the drums? Paint them black, aluminum color? I'm not trying to pass the car off as a stock Pebble Beach car.

I'd do them aluminum color. Will stand out more plus I believe the factory aluminum drums were not painted from the factory.

I'd do them aluminum color. Will stand out more plus I believe the factory aluminum drums were not painted from the factory.

Pretty sure even the iron drums weren't painted. They assumed a "patina" pretty quick

Just what I did but, I sand blasted them and then just hit them with some high temp clear. They really look good. I was surprised how well they came out. Not stock looking but they are holding up nice in the elements. Have had quite a few complements on them at car shows and whatnot.

I sandblasted mine and painted them with Eastwood alum paint. Looks just like fresh sandblast.

alumGNrims020.jpg

017.jpg

Happy spooling...

Mike Barnard

Mike:
I never really noticed how nice the brake drums look sandblasted and painted with the Eastwood Aluminum paint, and how much the rim and brake drum combination looks, until I saw the combination in person the other day.

Neither were painted from the factory. I seem to remember my aluminum drums taking on a greenish color after time.