Alternator

120amp/140amp

First of all is your alternator in need of replacing,if so I would either stick with a factory 120amp A/C Delco or you can go to Advanced Auto and purchase one for a Impala SS 140amp its brand new(not rebuild)with a life time warranty. It will bolt right in,many GN owners go that route,the only thing I had to modify was I had to enlarge the hole on the one wire that is bolted to the back of the alternator,its a 8mm bolt not a 6mm bolt like the factory alternator.You will never need any more alternator than that.ikle

It would be useful if you were planning on running a powerful amp and sub otherwise I agree, I would stick with the stock replacement. Personally, id buy a Race Proven alternator but they are big $$$$

Unless you have lots of add ons that would consume lots of amps, no need for 200A. 120A or 140A will be plenty.

Got mine from Jegs, it's made by "Toughstuff". I think the part number is 8173NF but you'd have to call Jegs to be sure. They say 5-7 days but it ships direct from Tuffstuff in Ohio, usually 2-3 days.

(pic was taken before air cond and a few finishing touches were done)

Attachments

• GN chrome.jpg
    GN chrome.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 196
Stock here,no need to reinvent the wheel as others have said:rolleyes:

Kevin

i have a 140amp from a 95 impala lt1 motor works great and it cheap

i have a 140amp from a 95 impala lt1 motor works great and it cheap

Thats what i did too. In case of failure i can walk into advance auto and replace it for another without having to special order one (like the factory replacement). Too easy.

really no need to go that big. a 140 will be fine as well as the stocker.