ALTERNATOR NOT CHARGING???http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/img/smilies/confused.gif

davidgn214

boosted g-body
ok iv had my car parked for 8 months went to start it ran fine till the battery died replaced the battery died again so i had the alternator checked it turns out its bad so i get it rebuild put it on checked the voltage and its only 10.7 doesnt go higher so i pull it off once again got it checked and it works fine... all the fuses are good. is there anything else i could check???

Sounds like you have the typical connection problem where the gauge cluster connects to the wire harness problem. It could be the volts light bulb bad (blown).
I would just charge the bat, turn the key to run position and see if the volt light works in the dash, if it does then start the car and tap the cluster or top of dash pad, and see if it starts charging. I have had a few cars lose connection and had to spread the prongs where the cluster connects. Pm me if more info is needed.

Thanks
Bill

Sounds like you have the typical connection problem where the gauge cluster connects to the wire harness problem. It could be the volts light bulb bad (blown).
I would just charge the bat, turn the key to run position and see if the volt light works in the dash, if it does then start the car and tap the cluster or top of dash pad, and see if it starts charging. I have had a few cars lose connection and had to spread the prongs where the cluster connects. Pm me if more info is needed.

Thanks
Bill

thank you very much i pushed in my cluster and it started charging.... :smile: and the brake lite and oil lite came on as well