All TR Owners Read **THEFT**!!!!!!!!!

theft

man you people think your cars are worth all that it's only a v6 regal get a grip it's been on the web for months and I still have it so whats it worth if nobody wants it the title got lost and I don't have the money or resources to get another one so what is the problem ?????????????????anybody want to buy any parts I DON"T HEAR ANYTHING huh ????????????

i did'nt know that turbo nasty, ( how are ya big guy:) ) i take it the theft happened here in south-florida? i just got my insurance card from grundy
i have an agree'd value policy but i would never want to go thru everything i've been through again. lo-jack -alarms-cctv's and 4 handguns 1 AR-15 AND 1-700-PDM rifle and the best part is the garage :smile:

Hey dude... Yeah It was there that my junk was jacked

Mark, I had one stolen with 7 detterents. Also on tape of the deed.
Cops, man they where blaming me. Till they saw the tapeing. Forget them.

I told them it would be in the Bronx. 3 weeks they had longed 20,000 miles.
And stripped car. We have to come up for ourselfs with something. Any ideas? I have 2 now. One GN, And a limited.also hid some artillary...Rob

man you people think your cars are worth all that it's only a v6 regal get a grip it's been on the web for months and I still have it so whats it worth if nobody wants it the title got lost and I don't have the money or resources to get another one so what is the problem ?????????????????anybody want to buy any parts I DON"T HEAR ANYTHING huh ????????????

Hmm, what I get from this post is that you stole a Buick so you dont have a title and now are trying to sell it. Since you dont have the title you are pissed that you cant get what us that legally own ours can. You have also made a lame attempt to strip the car and sell the parts but are unable to use any sort of structure in your posts so nobody can understand you.

If you did not steal the car then you must have a hotair or a ttype. The value of those are not as high as Grand Nationals are even though they are every bit as cool as a GN. If you lost your title and can not afford to get a duplicate then you should really take a step back and look at your current financial situation. Maybe cancel your internet for a month and use the money to get a duplicate title. Its not hard, and you have all the resources you need at your local DMV.

Also, before you join a forum devoted to these cars you should know that telling people to "get a grip" just makes you look like an idiot. Learn the history of these cars, they are a very important chapter in the history of GM. If it doesnt mean much to you then get a duplicate title and sell your car to someone that will take care of it. I have had one of mine stolen twice and it aint fun. I have stated value insurance on my car just in case someone decides to pry open my garage door, use a laptop to tune my fast because it currently sits on a dead tune, and take my car. If someone can do that, I will know its someone local with knowledge of these cars and will hunt them down until my car is back with me.

Hmm, what I get from this post is that you stole a Buick so you dont have a title and now are trying to sell it. Since you dont have the title you are pissed that you cant get what us that legally own ours can. You have also made a lame attempt to strip the car and sell the parts but are unable to use any sort of structure in your posts so nobody can understand you.

If you did not steal the car then you must have a hotair or a ttype. The value of those are not as high as Grand Nationals are even though they are every bit as cool as a GN. If you lost your title and can not afford to get a duplicate then you should really take a step back and look at your current financial situation. Maybe cancel your internet for a month and use the money to get a duplicate title. Its not hard, and you have all the resources you need at your local DMV.

Also, before you join a forum devoted to these cars you should know that telling people to "get a grip" just makes you look like an idiot. Learn the history of these cars, they are a very important chapter in the history of GM. If it doesnt mean much to you then get a duplicate title and sell your car to someone that will take care of it. I have had one of mine stolen twice and it aint fun. I have stated value insurance on my car just in case someone decides to pry open my garage door, use a laptop to tune my fast because it currently sits on a dead tune, and take my car. If someone can do that, I will know its someone local with knowledge of these cars and will hunt them down until my car is back with me.

Sounds like it to me too whut. :confused: , i seriously doudt that anybody here would be willing to buy ANY PARTS OF ANY TURBO NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY OFFER IT. if it is your car dude just get a replacement title from the dmv, if you don't have the money ( i know times are tough ) then when selling it explain to the buyer your situation and i'm sure you and him can work something out. but if it's not your car hang it up.

Sounds like it to me too whut. :confused: , i seriously doudt that anybody here would be willing to buy ANY PARTS OF ANY TURBO NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY OFFER IT. if it is your car dude just get a replacement title from the dmv, if you don't have the money ( i know times are tough ) then when selling it explain to the buyer your situation and i'm sure you and him can work something out. but if it's not your car hang it up.

I searched his name and although I cant say the car is stolen I can say it is a hotair. It hasnt run since 2003 and he does not have a title for it. I guess the dude that sold it to him lost the title from the original owner so it wasnt even in the sellers name he bought the car from. It has rust, the steering wheel is rusty. The interior looks dirty, the pictures are not that great and some of the stuff people want is broken or he wants to charge more than anyone else for it. He does not have Paypal and will only accept postal money orders as payment. So now you have an 85 GN thats ragged out and hasnt run for five years, has no plates on it, and the title is nowhere to be found. He is asking $1,500 for it and wonders why there was no takers. He also states in that thread that he doesnt have time to part it out but then goes and makes a new thread a couple of days later parting it out.

Seems real fishy to me. He gets upset because what he has would be a disaster of a sale to anyone and being a junior member whos only posts are in regards to getting rid of that car makes him seem shady. Not to mention prices of $150 for a filthy console plus shipping and only accepting money orders. Then when called out on it drops the price to like $25 or something, then cops an attitude and says he will just send the car to the crusher. Oh well, hopefully he wont get another one since these cars are just crappy v6 Buicks anyways.

I definitely think that my ride is worth that and more. I personally use the R.R. Deterrent and have done so for 28 years. I can leave it unlocked ( saves on broken glass replacement) even leave the windows down, if weather permits.
This system shifts flawlessly to your house to offer the same quality countermeasures. The individual units range in weight from 85-125 lbs. No batteries to recharge or replace, low maintenance, high output. Yes Sir, that is right I'm talking about the Rhodesian Ridgeback, A.K.A. the African Lion dog. This breed has responded exceptionally in personal, auto and home protection. They are intelligent, tough, fast(35+mph) and very defensive of their family(raised four kids and no one was allowed entry on the property that did not belong there). I encourage you to read up on the breed. They have served my family well, all of the kids are now grown and have their own homes and businesses, each one has at least one, two have a breeding pair.

yup I was going to say the same thing, I got a 100lb American Bulldog who's on full alert at all times and has access to the garage. Most people wouldnt think it was worth loosing a limb to steal a car. If they get past him there is always the AK w/ a 30 round clip for backup...

You guys are all going to the dogs! :biggrin: I'd guess that few have the DOG present "in-the-car" for most side-trips (where a high percentage of cars are abscounded with...) :frown:

You guys are all going to the dogs! :biggrin: I'd guess that few have the DOG present "in-the-car" for most side-trips (where a high percentage of cars are abscounded with...) :frown:
I have always kept my ridgebacks in my ride, when out and about. He cannot do his job if he ain't at the worksite.

Mark, I had one stolen with 7 detterents. Also on tape of the deed.
Cops, man they where blaming me. Till they saw the tapeing. Forget them.

I told them it would be in the Bronx. 3 weeks they had longed 20,000 miles.
And stripped car. We have to come up for ourselfs with something. Any ideas? I have 2 now. One GN, And a limited.also hid some artillary...Rob
Never call the cops, they are only going to protect the rights of the criminals. If you tell the cops you are going to do something about it, the cops immediately tell you that you cannot do that , its against the law. If you do something about it the cops "WILL" arrest you, not the criminal. So, shhhhh... don't tell anyone just get er done. A very good deterrent for these scum suckers is to stomp, er, sorry, If they happen to have their hands on the rocker panel and you accidently shut the door completely shut, they might remember that longer than you do. hehehe

I have a dead tune in my fast system. Everything is flat lined, the car will just flood and nothing will work. I put that tune in the car if I have to leave it someplace in public. I am so paranoid about my car I can safely say I havent had to use that tune in almost two years. Its either in the garage or at the track, no place in between where anyone could get it without pulling a gun on me.

Oh yeah, I also have stated value insurance on my car. The agent has pictures of the car and the appraisal information. If my car disappears I get a load of cash to buy another one. It wouldnt be the same though, I have put a lot of time in restoring the one I have and with the new motor I would be pretty upset that I lost it, no matter how much money I got from insurance. Anyone that doesnt have stated value insurance on their TR is throwing money away. Since your title says CP REGAL T or simply CP REGAL guess what, the insurance company will go by that unless you waste time pushing them for more, you get what a Regal is worth, not a TR. I am with American Family and pay around $120 a year for stated value insurance.

I guess if you use yours as a daily driver you will just need to contact your insurance agent and figure something out. Never just assume because you have full coverage that you are actually fully covered.

Hate to inform you but the only thing "Stated Value" insurance would do upon your loss is to SCREW You!.......... Stated Value is what YOU state the value is, not what "They" say it's worth. They will only pay you what "THEY" say the value is.................period. You have to get "AGREED UPON VALUE" insurance. Do some research, I would hate to see a TR owner get screwed because of some "Stated Value" insurance crap. An article came out a while back in Hotrod magizine that talked about this very subject. So do yourself a favor and go with Grundy or whomever and get some "Agreed Upon Value" Collectors Insurance, that is as long as this is not your daily driver. I dropped Haggarty to go with Grundy since their mileage policy is less restrictive. :D

AUDIE1 IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Please search the other threads or Google-- Stated Value IS NOT - IS NOT - IS NOT - IS NOT - Agreed Value! (Repeat 10 times).

Agreed Value is a term that actually imparts duty to an insurance company to pay the Agreed Value in the case of a total loss. A Stated Value policy DOES NOT! Despite the "warm and fuzzy" sounding name, a Stated Value policy represents the MAXIMUM possible obligation of the Insurance Company-- it simply limits their liability to that maximum. In the case of a claim, they just try to give you BOOK VALUE-- YES, JUST LIKE THEY WOULD ANY NORMAL POLICY. There is NO DUTY to pay you the Stated Value. Absolutely none, nada, zero, zip!

No matter what your friendly agent tells you, make sure you have Agreed Value and not Stated Value. Night and day difference!

Sorry-- climbing off my soapbox now...

Hate to inform you but the only thing "Stated Value" insurance would do upon your loss is to SCREW You!.......... Stated Value is what YOU state the value is, not what "They" say it's worth. They will only pay you what "THEY" say the value is.................period. You have to get "AGREED UPON VALUE" insurance. Do some research, I would hate to see a TR owner get screwed because of some "Stated Value" insurance crap. An article came out a while back in Hotrod magizine that talked about this very subject. So do yourself a favor and go with Grundy or whomever and get some "Agreed Upon Value" Collectors Insurance, that is as long as this is not your daily driver. I dropped Haggarty to go with Grundy since their mileage policy is less restrictive. :D