Alkycontrol pump voltage?

turbows6

I've got a quick question. Can Razor or anybody comment on what the actual pump voltage range is seen with the alkycontrol kit?

I am asking because I was wondering if it could be used to trigger a second fuel pump relay instead of using a hobbs switch. A bosch style relay "typically" throws at 5.7v. My car used to have an auxiliary 044 pump when I bought it, and I was thinking about adding it back. This would dramatically increase the capabilites of the fuel system and eliminate the need to plumb a bigger return line.

I'm just thinking out loud, maybe a hobbs switch would be better.

I've got a quick question. Can Razor or anybody comment on what the actual pump voltage range is seen with the alkycontrol kit?

I am asking because I was wondering if it could be used to trigger a second fuel pump relay instead of using a hobbs switch. A bosch style relay "typically" throws at 5.7v. My car used to have an auxiliary 044 pump when I bought it, and I was thinking about adding it back. This would dramatically increase the capabilites of the fuel system and eliminate the need to plumb a bigger return line.

I'm just thinking out loud, maybe a hobbs switch would be better.

Use a hobb switch. Run your fuel system separate from the alky system. A hotwire kit and a hobb switch is your best bet for proper voltage to a 2nd pump. Connecting the 2 systems together would be highly ill-advised.

The Alky Control box sends a PWM (pulse width modulated) voltage to the pump. It is either full on or full off, with the ratio of on to off changing to control the pump speed. Would need to integrate the signal/voltage to get a rising voltage as the pump ramps up.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Ok, I assumed the voltage was variable and that controlled the pressure on the progressive alky kit.