Alkycontrol.com special offer for BPG Event

gbsean

Spoke with Julio Don from Alky Systems. He will make the effort and come up from Florida to attend the Buick Performance Group event if he gets enough request to install kits, sell kits, and or tune the kits.

So if you guys want Julio Don to show up for any of these services, e-mail / call him with your requests now! I have already e-mailed him and offered him Free vending / Free entrance for the event just to help get him up here for you guys! His kits are amazing and almost a must for the turbo cars that want to run more boost. Nothing better then the man himself doing the install and tuning it! If your on the fence about getting one of his kits now is the time as he is rarely up this far north!

Here is his contact info....

Julio Don
Alkycontrol Inc
10317 Del Mar Circle
Tampa FL 33624
813-265-1400
M-F 9:00AM till 6:00PM EST
http://alkycontrol.com/

Good deal!!

I talked with julio back in march about this & wondered if he'd be there...

Will there possibly be a TAI class??

Cant wait to come up!!

Tai..

I'd love to throw the class together. But we need participants. Getting 4 cars wont cut it. Lately the turnouts to these events with actual racers have been weak. We need to promote the Buick and encourage those on the fence to jump in.

One thing I get is that the 11 second cars.. 12 second cars are left out to dry.. to race "brackets" This doesnt leave a lot of room for those aspiring to race their cars to "fit" in.

The last three years i've been racing with the NMCA and NMRA in their "True Street" program. Rules are very simple, the thing thats neat is that your running for an average not just the fastest guy. So it doesnt matter what the ET is. Yes there is a prize for fastest guy.. but also one for slower participants. In the NMRA there is a prize for 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13.0, and even 14.0 average. As well as a fastest car prize.

This has got me thinking as it applies to the Buick. Do a fastest car, 10.0 average, 11.0 average, 12.0 average. Each one of these gets a prize and recognition. Motor has to be Buick.. Even BOP.. all cars welcome.. Drive/cruise for 30 miles.. make three passes without opening the hood... DOT tires.. any fuel.. any weight.. etc.. methanol is allowed for injection.. as is E85.. etc..

What do you think? And I only want opinions "If you would actually bring and race your car" bench racers please keep out.

In 2010 True Street had 140 cars enter. In 2011 we had over 80 in the class.

Format used in Memphis

I'd love to throw the class together. But we need participants. Getting 4 cars wont cut it. Lately the turnouts to these events with actual racers have been weak. We need to promote the Buick and encourage those on the fence to jump in.

One thing I get is that the 11 second cars.. 12 second cars are left out to dry.. to race "brackets" This doesnt leave a lot of room for those aspiring to race their cars to "fit" in.

The last three years i've been racing with the NMCA and NMRA in their "True Street" program. Rules are very simple, the thing thats neat is that your running for an average not just the fastest guy. So it doesnt matter what the ET is. Yes there is a prize for fastest guy.. but also one for slower participants. In the NMRA there is a prize for 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13.0, and even 14.0 average. As well as a fastest car prize.

This has got me thinking as it applies to the Buick. Do a fastest car, 10.0 average, 11.0 average, 12.0 average. Each one of these gets a prize and recognition. Motor has to be Buick.. Even BOP.. all cars welcome.. Drive/cruise for 30 miles.. make three passes without opening the hood... DOT tires.. any fuel.. any weight.. etc.. methanol is allowed for injection.. as is E85.. etc..

What do you think? And I only want opinions "If you would actually bring and race your car" bench racers please keep out.

In 2010 True Street had 140 cars enter. In 2011 we had over 80 in the class.
Competition Cam & Hot Rod Mag utilized that same format for their "Pump Gas Nationals" in the initial year of the event Drove from CC's to Memphis Motorsport, 5:00 traffic with only a limited amount of gas. Ran three 1/4's winner had the fastest average Worked good, except the 20 mile trip to the track took a toll of the 40-50 cars. Great event.

This would give us "slow" guys a chance.

Sounds Very INTERESTING!!!!

This is a great alternative to BRACKETS!!!

Hoping to be able to bring the car!!!

JD