alky with race gas

mustgofaster

went to track tonight I ran 116 maxima race gas with my alky kit (razors)
went 11.5 at 122 was little lean on big end so i turned alky from 3 to 6. next pass car popped very bad and almost died in middle of pass My question is, is race gas and alky bad.

Race Gas has a slow burn. The higher the octane, the slower the burn. Adding methanol to the race gas slows the burn even more.

When you run the alcohol injection with race gas, most typically use the alcohol for cooling. So looking at intake temps.. if they are low.. leave the tune alone.

If your car is running lean. Add FUEL not alcohol.. If your picking up knock from insufficient octane, then add alcohol. If your temps are climbing, you can add alcohol to help that. But everything has its limits.

You'll probably get better results running with less octane race fual like 108-110. The motor will make the most power with the least octane in which it doesnt knock. The lower the octane, the faster it burns in the combustion chamber.

Your POP.. is more likely spark related.. plug gaps, plugs, coil pack, etc. Slowing the burn doesnt help it either.

HTH

Julio

after that run i turned the alky down to one and next pass was normal no popping. the only reason i was running race gas is because this is a fresh motor and I was afraid of hurting it. Next time i will try 93 octane. thanks for your help.