Alky Nozzle Sizes and Pressure Ranges

esinger

Stroker Hot Air
Thanks to Julio I'm now logging Alky pressure with a new transducer.

Does anyone have a table for various nozzle sizes and their effective pressure ranges?

Say for instance, a M10 has a range of X to Y where X is the lowest pressure for properly spray/deliver alky and Y is the pressure it delivers 10 GPH and anything over that makes no difference.

No..

An M10 nozzle is rated at 10 gallons per hour at 100 PSI.
Its 6.32 at 40 PSI, 10 at 100 psi, and 22.536 at 500 psi

An M15 is rated at 15 GPH at 100 psi.
Its 9.49 at 40 PSI, 15 at 100 PSI, and 33.54 at 500 PSI.

As the pressure goes up so does its volume.

HTH

heres the flow chart ,
to calculate nozzle pressure dont forget to subtract manifold boost pressure
as for an X pressure amount needed number ...all i can suggest is see what yours needs to not have knock and thats the least you want to see as no two cars will be the same because of so many variables like I/C ability , timing, heads, cam , ambeint temp and how well that air flows across your IC , quality of your fuel (in NJ we have 10% or more ethanol mixed in our 93), what plugs you run , how your injectors spray and many more variables

Thank you very much, that really helps! What makes it a little more interesting in my case is that I have a dual nozzles of different sizes, 1 pre and 1 post turbo.

pre turbo

Eric, how has the pre turbo working out for you, I have been thinking about a small pre turbo nozzle mysself.

Eric, how has the pre turbo working out for you, I have been thinking about a small pre turbo nozzle mysself.

It;s working out quite well! I don't have any good comparison logs, but it definitely helped lower my intake temps some. My intake manifold temps are now just around 200 degrees at 22 PSI of boost compared to 220-230 degrees. I'm sure playing with different size nozzles could help me in finding the best combo.