Alky+Nitrous+Pump gas=970 RWHP

Where did my previous post on this thread go?

*edit* Nevermind, just read about the hack. Glad nothing else happened.

Not to piss on your thread, but they didn't use alky at all. They used his alky storage tank for methanol along with the nitrous. Methanol is a little different... :)

Big Stu said:
Not to piss on your thread, but they didn't use alky at all. They used his alky storage tank for methanol along with the nitrous. Methanol is a little different... :)

I sniffed a tank from one of Julio's kits last Saturday....It was full of Methanol....You don't have to be a corvette owner to use Methanol. :)

Last I checked denatured, isoprophol, and methanol were all forms of alcohol. :cool:

Interesting then that if they are all the same, why will some racing classes allow alcohol, but not methanol?

Big Stu said:
Interesting then that if they are all the same, why will some racing classes allow alcohol, but not methanol?

They aren't the same, just different forms of Alcohol their are many others too like ethanol and glycerin. Methanol's flames are almost invisible in daylight so that may be one reason. Just saying when someone says "alky" injection technically they could be spraying any of those.

I get it, my bad for the ignorance. I dumped over a can of pvc primer one time at work while I was smoking and ignited that, couldn't see any flames at all but boy could I feel them! :eek: Probably similar in content..

Big Stu said:

Guess its been cleared up. Racing Alcohol = Methanol

VP website, Sunoco, Philips66, etc... racing alcohol is 99.9% methanol.

Now here's some inside info.. 120 pill gets you 200 to the wheels. :eek:

I'll leave the rest out :D

Julio. I'm a little confused. I assume that Corvette has a port N20 system, and they injected the meth as additional fuel when the N2O came on?

(Pretty impressive numbers.).....

Can nitrous nozzles atomize methanol?
Mark

Hyboost4Banger said:
Julio. I'm a little confused. I assume that Corvette has a port N20 system, and they injected the meth as additional fuel when the N2O came on?

(Pretty impressive numbers.).....

Can nitrous nozzles atomize methanol?
Mark

Nope.. just a simple nozzle with a pill. Very crude, barbaric, extremely effective. ;)

The atomization question.. good one.. guess the proof is in the sheets. The methanol for the nitrous is run on a stand alone fuel system tied into the alky tank used for injection. So its running two pump, my pump for the main injection, and another for the nitrous.

Here's one more little bone. 200 pill gets ya 300 to the wheels :eek:

:D

Pill=jet.

Bigger pill = more nitrous = more power.

I cant give specifics as to the jetting used for the wet(fuel) portion.. its one of those if I tell ya.. gotta kill ya deals ;)

Hey Julio, long time since i was able to talk on the board to you, finally got internet connection in my same town. NICE JOB with the vet, glad to here almost 1000 hp on pump gas nos and alky awsome!!!!!!!!

i fixed my bearing in the motor and cleaned up my oil pressure issues, but i found part of the tensioner for the timing chain in the oil pan. So have another project know, thjanks again for the help in KTY. CAR IS RUNNING 100 % BETTER KNOW!

Hope the family is good i call you after the 4th really busy up here for work cherry festival is pretty crazy.

See ya Jims87T :cool:

If anyone should stay away from Cherries... its you :D

TTYL...

J.