alky kit sprays with key on engine off, works fine when running?

joeyg329

hey guys, just installed a razors alky kit, wired everything in as per instructions, bought a new 3 bar map. when i turn the key on, the pump sprays? when i start the car the system works as it should. I have a funny feeling it has something to do with the 5 volt from the map sensor, considering the voltage may be high when the key is on but engine is off. i have an analog dash as well (saw a note in the instructions about wiring being different for digital cars and gnx's). any ideas? thanks!

sounds like you have a 2 bar map

did you really follow the instructions ?
if you followed the instructs is says to verify the map output to the PAC green wire is 1.6 V key on engine off .... if you followed the instructs then you'd have caught that the map is not at 1.6v
the pump turnon is 2.0v and a 2 bar map at key on engine off will be 2.4v , engine running with vac it will be below 2.0v (actually it would be about 1.0v at 17in vac so the pump would be off

http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm

I just purchased the kit from gbody parts and got the razors kit and added the 3 bar map to my order. I set the alky control box to the 3 bar setting. Ill check the voltage to see if its a 2 bar. I figured for 90 bucks I would of got the right one haha.

I tested the koeo voltage for the map sensor. 2.4. I contacted gbody parts and told them I received a 2 bar. I guess ill wait for them to send the correct one. Thanks for the input guys