Alky kit installed and sat for a long period

Move Over

getting ready to start using ALKYCONTROL kit for the first time since it was installed in mid-2010. I unfortunatly was having problems with the car that my budget didnt allow me to fix now im ready to start using it and will need to check for leaks etc. Is there a dye or anything I can put in the methanol (to help see it ie food coloring) or anything I need to check since the system has sat for so long. The car is now running good and I have a turbotweak 6.1 chip and injectors going in as well.

Thanks
Dave

If the methanol is clear in color its fine. If its brown or cloudy get rid of it. Simple way to flush is disconnect hose from nozzle and use test button.

If the methanol is clear in color its fine. If its brown or cloudy get rid of it. Simple way to flush is disconnect hose from nozzle and use test button.

the methanol is fresh ive never put anything in the system its been installed but power disconnected this whole time i was just wondering if i could dye the methanol to help check for leaks or if there was anything else i needed to do with it since it sat for so long.
thanks for the reply Razor it is your kit i get compliments about how well it blends with the car even though im not using it yet :)

Just start engine and while engine is running press the TEST button. Then go under the hood and look at your hose connections to nozzle, filter, and pump area. Not that many places for a leak. That will be a simple way to check for leaks.

Better way.. buy a tester that you can fully pressurize the system. But thats something else. Anything can be made more complex. Just depends how far you personally want to take a given situation :)

Just start engine and while engine is running press the TEST button. Then go under the hood and look at your hose connections to nozzle, filter, and pump area. Not that many places for a leak. That will be a simple way to check for leaks.

Better way.. buy a tester that you can fully pressurize the system. But thats something else. Anything can be made more complex. Just depends how far you personally want to take a given situation :)

Ill just check after hitting test thanks for the info!