alky install pics needed

BGN8711

I am slowly but surely installing Razor's alcohol kit with the help of a fellow board member and ran into a bit of a snafoo today. Mounted the pump on the passenger bumper support and this is where the problem has arisen. The line running from the alcohol tank to the pump is only about a foot and a half, much too short to reach the pump. Tried to mount it next to the battery behind the passenger headlight but even that was pretty micky mouse and was blocked by the plastic piece that holds the battery down. I did buy the kit used but from a very very reputable person on the board so my question is am i missing a line and if not where do you guys have your pump mounted?? PICS of the lines running from the overflow to the pump and of the pump mounted would be GREALY appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian

I am slowly but surely installing Razor's alcohol kit with the help of a fellow board member and ran into a bit of a snafoo today. Mounted the pump on the passenger bumper support and this is where the problem has arisen. The line running from the alcohol tank to the pump is only about a foot and a half, much too short to reach the pump. Tried to mount it next to the battery behind the passenger headlight but even that was pretty micky mouse and was blocked by the plastic piece that holds the battery down. I did buy the kit used but from a very very reputable person on the board so my question is am i missing a line and if not where do you guys have your pump mounted?? PICS of the lines running from the overflow to the pump and of the pump mounted would be GREALY appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian
This should have been pretty easy. unless the pump suply line you got isn't the right one. but mine went in real easy. here are some pic's of mine hope it helps. Scot w.

heres pics of the problem

look at how long the hose is it barely reaches from the tank to the headlight am I missing something here?? 2nd pic shows the problem best.

Attachments

• alcy1.jpg
    alcy1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 496
  • alcy2.jpg
    alcy2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 520
  • alcy3.jpg
    alcy3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 549
  • alcy4.jpg
    alcy4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 485
Number 1 problem. YOUR PUMP IS INSTALLED UPSIDE DOWN!!!!

Turn the pump around, so the hoses are at the bottom of the. As in, hoses are closed to ground.

Also, is that a brass pipe?

Really, those hoses dont look correct, unless this is an old kit. (i'm not guru of what has changed with Julio's kit over the years)

-Adam

Thats a pretty old kit now. The low level is on top of the tank. To make that work, you'll need tomount the pump on the core support or get longer hose made. I'd suggest getting the tank update, and the pressure module update as well. Let alone that pump is over 2.5 years old.

You can look at the PAC controller and it has a date and serial number. Call me next week, i'll fill you in on what needs to be done to bring it current.

Julio

Whats wrong with the lines at the top like BGN8711 has them?I thought the directions said to put them this way. Is this a problem?

Let alone that pump is over 2.5 years old.

Julio

ummm man what a screwing this guy got :p .. Julio this is off of Mikes limited ... ummm pump is brand new "updated" from ummm ...dammmm ummm .. coolin somethin :eek: seriouslly Julio's updated and tested by him :cool: He did have the pump on the radiator support :cool:

Up Or Down?

OK, now im confused.

what way if the pump supposed to face? Hoses up toward the hood or down toward the ground?

I bought my car with the kit installed and pump is installed with the hoses towar the hood (up). Maybe this is why if have had a leaking issues?

Den

Early kits were mounted head up. Latter kits after Nov05 had the pumps mounted head down.

HTH

OK, now im confused.

what way if the pump supposed to face? Hoses up toward the hood or down toward the ground?

I bought my car with the kit installed and pump is installed with the hoses towar the hood (up). Maybe this is why if have had a leaking issues?

Den
it's suposed to look just like the picture i posted above!

What difference would it make? I could have sworn the directions said mount the head of the pump up, but I have been known to be wrong. I dont understand how it would matter though because the TTA's is mounted vertically with the ground. I guess that is a different issue. I will take it down.

Thanks for the info,

Jason

Razors kit Help

how does the over flow jug attach?, there are brackets that fit around the jug but no mention of these in the install,they fit on the jug 2 different ways, do i drill holes to mount this in front of the battery? Thanx...Tom

How can I tell if it is early kit? Is their a date stamped on it anywhere?

Dennis

PAC controller has a date. If you have any questions... Pickup the phone and call. Else you will get 100 answers.

how does the over flow jug attach?, there are brackets that fit around the jug but no mention of these in the install,they fit on the jug 2 different ways, do i drill holes to mount this in front of the battery? Thanx...Tom

Tom, typically I install it without the brackets in front of the battery. The location of it is a user preference.. some install it on the single fan shroud using supplied brackets.. some dont use it altogether and buy a billet one like from a Street Rod.. some mount in the drivers area.. its just an overflow "In Case" liquid were to go out.

HTH

Julio

Manual shows a typical install location picture, if you have an older manual without pictures.. email me with a request.

Tom, typically I install it without the brackets in front of the battery. The location of it is a user preference.. some install it on the single fan shroud using supplied brackets.. some dont use it altogether and buy a billet one like from a Street Rod.. some mount in the drivers area.. its just an overflow "In Case" liquid were to go out.

+1 - fits perfectly snug, no movement at all. and unless you are looking for it - you barely see it.

I went a different route on the bottle and have it mounted really close to the pump. It is a 1g DSM washer bottle that I wedged in between the radiator support and just pop off the hidden cap and pour away.

FYI, Julio has a new grommet for this bottle and I upgraded to black zip ties. :tongue:

Best part is the look on peoples faces when I tell them I am filling up my headlight fluid bottle. :eek: :biggrin:

Attachments

• GN alky location 2.JPG
    GN alky location 2.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 268
  • GN alky location 1.JPG
    GN alky location 1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 272
  • GN alky location 4.JPG
    GN alky location 4.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 276