Alky during burnout

Murt TTA

Condoms prevent minivans
I am trying to figure out why my 60' where so crappy the other day at the drag rental in lebanon. Am I supposed to turn off the SMC box when I am burning out in the burnout box?

I think my 60 foots were so crappy cause I was flooding my engine. I would burnout in the box and the alky would come on, then when I got to the line and spooled up, it just seemed like I wasn't getting very good launches.

I also switched from nitto DR's to BFG DR's and I am still trying to find the right tire pressure and burnout to get them to hook good.

I am still learning to tune with the alky kit, hopefully razor's PAC will make it easier it sounds like a great idea!!!

~Murt

Originally posted by Murt TTA
I am trying to figure out why my 60' where so crappy the other day at the drag rental in lebanon. Am I supposed to turn off the SMC box when I am burning out in the burnout box?

I think my 60 foots were so crappy cause I was flooding my engine. I would burnout in the box and the alky would come on, then when I got to the line and spooled up, it just seemed like I wasn't getting very good launches.

I also switched from nitto DR's to BFG DR's and I am still trying to find the right tire pressure and burnout to get them to hook good.

I am still learning to tune with the alky kit, hopefully razor's PAC will make it easier it sounds like a great idea!!!

~Murt

I dont see the alky causing a problem unless your getting into boost while your doing your burnout?. Another thing is that you might have your turn on point too low which will bog your engine, sounds like you need to do some more tuning there sir

hmm,how can you not be in boost when doing a burnout? I know my car wont do one without going into boost.

I leave my alchy on all the time, even during the burnout, no problems ever.

Alky should have nothing to do with the burnout. What is your turn on point? You should be able to do a nice burnout at 5-7psi.

No need for a 15psi burnout.

Soon :)

Try your BFG's at 15 PSI air pressure not boost..and roast em.

Alky can make the launch lazy..easy fix is up the launch boost a couple lbs. Also try and drop your FP a tad to get it a little leaner..see if that helps.

You can turn your pump speed down a little and when going down the track increase it..Takes some playing with. lord knows I know.

I assume your running more than 22 PSI..

If all else fails..get some slicks..and launch at 15 lbs..that always works great for me :)

If you cant figure it out..drop me an email..I'll see if I can help from afar.

Julio