Alignment and tire rubbing in front..help!!!

SHEPP2

Hi, I have a 87 GN and I just changed my tires from 225/55r16 all around to 245/50R16 in the front and 255/50R16 in the rear. First off at the tire shop I was told my upper control arms bushing and center link needs to be changed to get alignment done. So in leaving the shop and making a sharp turn I notice and felt the tire rubbing against the fender wall. I know to change the upper control arms bushing as well as center link. Since I’m in there should I change anything else? Is there a way to maybe higher the front to get that full turn so the tire want rub maybe taller shocks. I’ve never changed the shocks I’ve had the car for 3 years could they be bad. Any advice…thanks

Shocks are not going to help, have you changed the springs yet in the front?
That tire seems pretty big for the front. Might rub regardless. Also you can check you front rad support bushings if they are original you might want to replace those.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the reply...Know I haven't changed the springs. When looking for tires I wanted a beefer look and was advise they would fit, with that being said that is the reason y. What is the rad support bushing???

Have 245/50/R16 all around with 16X8 GTAs, and have the same rub up front. I plan on changing them to 225s. I'm hoping the 7/8" will solve it?

I hate to say it knowing everyone else have been lowering there cars, but I've placed some blocks on the front. Two on each side which doesn't rub unless I'm doing a full turn. I remember when my tires where put on at first hitting a dip in the road and smelling nothing but burnt rubber Ooooo!! I ordered my tires online so I'm rolling...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TurboBuick mobile app