Alberta Turbo Buick

The_Big_J

Any getogethers in Edmonton? Regular cruise places?(Whyte Ave, Jasper Ave) I've seen a couple Turbo Buicks around - but it would be nice to see a few in one spot!

There isn't really a big TR scene in edmonton.

Us syty people cruise and hang out together quite a bit, but no big gatherings. We are kinda planning some sort of turboGM get-together for some time later in the summer.

A few of us go to the mainstreet cruisers deal on wednesday nights in millwoods, but thats about it.

I do know most of the turboGM people in the alberta area but I don't belive I've met you.

Look me up sometime.

Tony

Where is the place for mainstreet cruisers? As for not knowing me well I bought the car last fall and got her on the road this spring.

I hardly ever see another T or GN. I havent been to the mainstreet get together yet, but I will. Ever since the St. Albert Soda Jerks closed, everyone has scattered a little. There is no real organized effort here as far as Turbo Buicks go.

If you want to be a part of an organized TR scene move to Grande Prairie. Of course its easy to organize half a dozen people. :p There is a big race up here called Drag Wars in September. A few of the Calgary crew will be up as well as a member or two from the lower mainland GNRA if memory serves.

I should be in Edmonton in a week or so and would love to hookup. Still waiting for you to return my e-mails too WLDWST. ;)

OK! I showed up at Millwoods on Wednesday around 8:00pm.. Just the usual stuff. Mostly 50s and 60s iron. No Turbo Buicks, but me. A small handfull even knew what my car was. The uneducated masses. Pity them fellas.
Did I tell you how cool my new Marks Big Mouth Cold Air Kit sounds. What a hoot.

I was thinking about this thread earlier today. I had you mixed up with someone else Bob. Hope you're enjoying the T. We'll have to hook up at Bud Park one day this Summer.

Sorry I missed you in Millwoods, went to Budpark for the jet car show. Couldn't pass up a free ticket ya know.

Tony