alarm disabled in radio theft, need help

Turbosix

My factory GN alarm was disabled in the theft of my car stereo headdeck. In addition, the idiot light for the factory security system stays blinking when the ignition is off.

Questions-

How do I disable the idiot light for the time being so that the battery doesn't run down. (fuse to pull?)

How do I reconnect the alarm? yeah, I don't know how it was disabled. (makes this harder)

How do I disable the factory alarm without leaving the security light blinking continuously? I want to ditch the old alarm, and get a new one with keyless entry.

Thanks,
turbosix

It is fused in the wiring harness not in the fuse box.

What happens when you close the doors after the ign. switch is off? Does it still flash?

What happens when you hit the door lock switch to the lock position after turning the ign. off and then close the door?

my factory alarm has an inline fuse right behind the
brake fluid res. Its a white plastic fusholder inline with
a red wire.

HTH..

salvage V6

It still flashes in both of these conditions. Basically, whenever the ignition is off, the security light flashes.

I have been told that I can simply disconnect the alarm above the drivers footwell and this will stop the blinking until I get around to fixing the root of the problem.

I have also been informed that the source of the flashing light is likely due to a disconnected wire in the security system going to the lock cylinder either in the trunk or in the passenger door. The wire is blue with a black stripe. The trunk checks out (I think). I haven't got around to looking at the passenger door.

Also - So what does the alarm component look like in the drivers side footwell? Numbers on it? Shape? Precise location? What to disconnect?
It took me forever just to find the blinker control thing in the same location when it went bad a few months ago, it is just a rats nest of wires.

Thanks guys

Single connector on a vertically mounted rectangular box.

That's about all I can say about it for obvious reasons.

I would check the door jamb switches as well as the key lock switches for opens and grounds.

You'll find it. :)