Theft/Security System

lrotunda

I am having problems with my theft/security system on my 1987 GN. I put it in storage for about 3 weeks and then when I went to start it, the battery was almost dead. I put a new battery in it and now the security system is activated, the lights are blinking and the motor won't turn over.

I have tried all of the solutions in the posts that I've read on the forum, but the car won't start.

As the theft system is of really no use to me, I'd like to just disable it.

Could someone tell me how to do this? It's really got me stumped.

Thanks.

Have you tried to lock and unlock drivers door with the key?? My we4 does this from time to time and that usely resets the factory vats system.

Unplugging the theft deterrent module looks as though that will disable the system. And still allow the engine to start. I haven't tried to see if that works, but easy enough to test.

Do you think that the theft deterrent system caused the battery to drain? I ask as twice now in the past year the battery was mysteriously drained. After the first time I removed the trunk and glove box bulbs (under hood is disconnected). Then about 3 weeks ago the battery was low again. So something is intermittently draining it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Is the theft deterrent module/controller located under the dash left of the steering column? I've bee looking over the schematic of the system and I wondered if I took power from the module/controller if that would disable the system without affecting the lights, horn, door locks and/or anything else.