AirFow Reasearch Heads

mattieboy87

Im told that my car has AirFlow Reasearch heads, but i cant find any proof that they even make buick heads from looking on the internet. So does anyone know if they really do or maybe do special order? Could they be stock heads redone by Airflow Reasearch? Any way to tell if there stockers from looking?

Who told you that? To my knowledge AFR never has, and never will make V6 Buick heads. Although it would be cool if they did...I've ran AFR heads on my old SBC with great results. Are you sure they're not Champion heads?

The engine builder told me, i dont think hes trying to screw me because the car has been running fine and strong but i guess ill bring it up tomorrow with him. so is imposible or could they be special order or reworked ones by them. Is there tell tale signs of stock heads that i could just look and see?

Could it be that he was referring to ATR heads - Applied Technologies Research,i'm not sure they did heads but seem to recall seeing them in their catalog. :smile:

The engine builder told me, i dont think hes trying to screw me because the car has been running fine and strong but i guess ill bring it up tomorrow with him. so is imposible or could they be special order or reworked ones by them. Is there tell tale signs of stock heads that i could just look and see?

I guess its possible AFR could have reworked them but since all their Chevy and Ford heads are CNC ported I would think the tooling and programming to set up a Buick head wouldn't be cheap and not worth it...but who knows??

Stock iron heads have the 25518445 number cast under the rocker shaft....you can pull off a valve cover and see it.

If they're Champion ported irons, they can usually be identified by their logo engraved into the head.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...5-how-do-i-tell-if-i-have-champion-iorns.html

Ok so i asked and they are buick heads, and the builder brings them to the guy and the valves and he ports and polishes them but they dont advertise it. Its a different one in ft.lauderdale and my builder offered me the phone number to call but im not really trying to investigate it. I was there when he bought them. it was a pair he had done before but the guy never put them on a car. got the heads along with a Reed cam kit for 1000, so it was a good deal right?