Air bag Spacers

bsdlinux

Just Another BLACK Car
Has anyone used these from H&R? My current air bags are shot and I am going to replace them, just wanted to know if it was worth it to install the spacers while I am replacing the bags.

Results?? :confused:

I did use them on my car when i had airbags. i was able to run much less air in the bags. This in turn reduces the bounce you get when launching some cars. When the car bounces it unloads the suspension.

I wanted to revitalize this old thread. I installed the HRPartsnStuff airbag spacers about ten years ago, and they are still there. The problem I have with them is that over a short period of time, the spacers will slide rearward. They keep sliding rearward until they completely pinch-off the air lines going to my bags, which makes it impossible to fill the bags. To correct, I have to crawl under the car and push the spacers forward. Fortunately, the spacers are slippery enough that I can push them forward easily with my hand. However, I have to do this several times a year, and I don't drive my car very much.

Are people still running these? Do they show any traction improvement? At this point, I'm going to remove them. I may true to glue some rubber or something to them to keep them from sliding. Or, I may just leave them out.

Any opinions?

PS: These are the spacers I'm talking about: http://www.hrpartsandstuff.com/products/spacers/airbagspacers.htm

Thanks,
Mike

Simple solution is to put an alignment dowel in these spacers & drill out a hole in the Polyurethane puck that it sits under to be able to lock it in place.
Similar to what HR do with their pucks.

Simple solution is to put an alignment dowel in these spacers & drill out a hole in the Polyurethane puck that it sits under to be able to lock it in place.
Similar to what HR do with their pucks.

I had to read this a couple of times before I understood it, but it does make a lot of sense. If I put 2 dowels in each spacer/puck pair, that would ensure that they always stay centered to each other.

Thanks for the idea.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app