Aftermarket lifters or GM lifters?

geronimo1

86 GN
I am installing a 208/208 cam in my car should I go with the comp lifters or just use GM lifters heard a lot of horror story with comp lifters and their noise.

I am installing a 208/208 cam in my car should I go with the comp lifters or just use GM lifters heard a lot of horror story with comp lifters and their noise.

I've always used GM lifters in the past but on the last cam change that I did, I couldnt find any in time so I ended up installing the Comp Cams lifters. They do make a little bit of noise but no wheres near as bad as I thought they would.

Gm will be no doubt the quietest,I 've used sealed power many times and sometimes they rattle at start up if the car will sit for weeks. As soon as it builds oil pressure it goes away. At idle I can tell no difference. I used good oil filters. Don't know who supplies Edelbrocks lifters I have used theirs that come in the kit and they are quiet also.

If you can get them, GM. Ive used Sealed Power in the past also..

I saw where Rhoades has improved its variable lift lifters. I wish someone would try them before me! (that is if they have a pn for the 109).

Dont use the Comp lifters,,I put a set in mine and they are quite noisy,swithed to AC Delco and ok

We stock them under part number TAV1405 $59.95. Our lifters are made by Delphi. That was the supplier to GM. We still have stock on these.

how noisie are these comp lifters I am new to these cars and just got it put together and rattels alot any help would be great thanks

We stock them under part number TAV1405 $59.95. Our lifters are made by Delphi. That was the supplier to GM. We still have stock on these.

How come GBody is $16 & yours are $60? Any difference in the products? I see GBody has the Stellite foot? Just curious??