After Start Cranking

FASTV6HENRY

The car fires right up when i first start it, but when i drive it around a while and let it sit for 15-20 minutes and try to start it up again it cranks way to long before it finally starts up. Which after start cranking table do i adjust?

If its while cranking its not the afterstart tables.

Look at cranking fuel, I don't remember if the Xfi table is exactly like the classic fast, but if so the table is coolant temp based...you just adjust the line up (more fuel) or down (less fuel) at the temps you are having issues.

Its the same as classic fast pw vs coolant temp. If it starts and dies then its afterstart fuel you have to adjust.

Norbs, it doesn't die it just takes a while to start. but once it starts it stays on. The issue is in the 160-185 temp range.

Norbs, it doesn't die it just takes a while to start. but once it starts it stays on. The issue is in the 160-185 temp range.

I understand, I'm just telling you what to do if that situation comes up.

Well i increased the pulse width to 10.2 across the board from 140-190 coolant temp. its getting better but not sure if i need to go more because it does not light off like it would when its cold. i also did notice sum stumbling after initial start for about 15 seconds but once it warmed up it was good.

Try increasing the start IAC position.....that was my problem. You need to record a log while your starting the car....could be that your getting to much fuel.

Well i increased the pulse width to 10.2 across the board from 140-190 coolant temp. its getting better but not sure if i need to go more because it does not light off like it would when its cold. i also did notice sum stumbling after initial start for about 15 seconds but once it warmed up it was good.

try this for cranking fuel

153-170-187-204
9.2-8.2-7.4-7.1

and the iac

146*-182*-219*
124-105-80

and put 5 revs before afterstart vs coolant temp from 146* on

kidglok... i already had the IAC setting exactly how you mentioned. And the before afterstart vs coolant temp is at 13 from 146* on

Changes the revs before after start to 0 should help the stumble..