after market headers

Procharge

Boost inspired WFO
Looking at some headers for my Gn . I would like to know when do the stock headers hit the limit. And when are you needing to step up to bigger headers .

A mid to low ten second car can get away with stickers but will constantly crack. I would say at that point you can say its time to upgrade. Cars have dipped into the nines with them .

hello; I don't know the answer to the OP but I went with aftermarket headers due to the age and cracking problems with the stock ones. Many heat cycles causes metal to get weak. As you know our engines get hot. So do that hot cold thing many times crap happens. If GM still had them for sale I'd buy them in a minute. There aren't many choices out there and they got us over a barrel.
have fun
IBBY

Yeah there only a couple to choose from and mine aren't leaking but I'm sure it's a matter of time till they do

Every so often, you can get a set of atr or kenne-bell headers in the for-sale section. Also t/a and hooker produced sets for the buick gs club of america. The latter will probably be available at the gs nationals in bowling green, ky in oct.

Hedman Headers is/will be making the headers for the GS Club.
Hooker made their own design years ago.

hello; GSCA had them headers for sale and it was debated here on them. I almost went with them and are made in limited quantities. At the time I was talked out of buying them and there was no feed back by anyone that bought them. I ended up with going with the stock replacement TA's and there still on the shelf.
IBBY