After dse swap car sits uneven

Just an update... removed the rear sway bar. It did not look tweaked at all and did not have any effect on the way it sits. I checked body bushings and none had fallen out but it is time for some new ones. I removed my weld prostars and installed a set of gtas (245/50;255/50) and test drove. Im not sure about the ride in the rear yet. Kind of feels like the old low eider trucks from the early 90s. Checked measurements again and as before the rear most point of the frame is higher on pass side by about 3/4"

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Try to measure the installed height of the springs. It could be something as simple as the right spring is longer, or the left spring is weaker, and compresses more. A single spacer, or new rear springs may fix it.
I think if you correct the issue in the rear, the front will be corrected.

It could be Multiple things to be honest! It could be that the springs are not properly clocked in the spring pockets in the front A-arms, could be the suspension is in a bind somewhere (any poly bushings?). could be that the car was wrecked at one point, could be a bunch of stuff..

I highly doubt that it is a faulty DSE spring as this issue was present "Before" you installed the new DSE stuff. I think this issue would be present with Any coil spring & stock replacement shock set up!

could be the suspension is in a bind somewhere (any poly bushings?).

That happens quite often, esp. if the suspension was tightened down with the car in the air. Try loosening all the nuts on the rear control arms, make sure any bushing that need to be lubed are, and bounce the back end up and down a few times to see if it settles. Also make sure the right spring is properly seated.

No, I dont believe the dse stuff is the problem. I jacked it up to check the springs and how they were seated in the rear. I was surprised to see that the dse springs would basically just fall out with the rear end hanging and lower shock mounts still bolted in. At any rate, with jack standa under the frame, i used floor jack to come up with rear end and made sure the springs were seated in the pockets properly. Is there some sort of shim or spacer that I could put above or below the spring? Doing this on my garage floor I dont have the clearance to loosen and tighten hardware as it sits unless I russel up a couple sets of ramps.

No, I dont believe the dse stuff is the problem. I jacked it up to check the springs and how they were seated in the rear. I was surprised to see that the dse springs would basically just fall out with the rear end hanging and lower shock mounts still bolted in. At any rate, with jack standa under the frame, i used floor jack to come up with rear end and made sure the springs were seated in the pockets properly. Is there some sort of shim or spacer that I could put above or below the spring? Doing this on my garage floor I dont have the clearance to loosen and tighten hardware as it sits unless I russel up a couple sets of ramps.

The best way to do it in a garage is with 4 jack stands (as high as they will go) put under the frame which will let the entire suspension hang.

Being a 2" drop coil spring that is going to happen to the rear springs, I wish Buick's were made with the same spring guides as the Monte Carlo SS because on those car it will not do that.... It's possible that those can be adapted from a MCSS onto a Buick regal....

I used adjustable spring perches welded on the axle. The passenger side had to be cranked up a bit in my situation.

You can get spring spacers for the rear. I run 1/2" spacers (seen in pic.)
It would be rare to run only one. Usually, another underlying cause can be found.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370293001.926148.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app