After dse swap car sits uneven

Toxic Donkey

I just finished installing dse 2" drop springs and shocks in the front and back pf my 86 gn. I was following my brother while he was driving the car and the drivers side seemed to be sagging lower than the passenger. It seemed to be off the same way before but I figured the old springs had started to collapse. But now with new springs it seems to have the same problem. What should I be looking for now?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

did you confirm with measurements?? measure from the fender lip to floor on both sides. Check tire pressure and make sure springs are seated properly.

The frame was probably never square from the factory. I'm starting to think the only way to make these cars level is with coil overs.

did you confirm with measurements?? measure from the fender lip to floor on both sides. Check tire pressure and make sure springs are seated properly.
Yes about 5/8" difference.
I will unbolt the sway bar when I get home to see if that helps. Are you guys saying that this could be a frame problem?

Depends on how many are not there..Either fell out, or were never put in at assy..
Chuck's right. Depending on whether or not they're still intact or were never put in might be the issue. Start by measuring the frame height in front of of the rear wheels and behind the front wheels and then measure the rocker panels at the same location. I'd almost bet that's where you'll find a height difference.;)

I measured the frame to the ground in front of the rear wheels on both sides. The driver side was about 1/4" lower than the other. The body was different by the same measurement so it doesnt look like the body is lower on the frame which would point to bushings. The very rear of the frame where the bumper supports extend however is 5/8 - 3/4" lower on the drivers side. I dont think this car has been in any accidents, or I havent seen any evidence of one. How can this problem be remedied?

Get the car on a lift and inspect the bushings and frame. You may either have rotten/missing bushings, or where the bushings mount on the frame, rusted through sections.;) Been there, done that, and that's why I've got a different frame now.:(

The thing is, the frame is different heights off the floor, the body measurements are just mimicking the frame measurements

The thing is, the frame is different heights off the floor, the body measurements are just mimicking the frame measurements
But the only thing in between he frame and the body is the bushings. Get under it and check things out so you know it's not a bent frame. I thought my frame was good until the car fell on me while I was replacing the axle. It was on jack stands front and rear, and when I tried to force the arms into the brackets the body shifted just enough. We used a wrecker to lift it up by the rear of the frame and that's when I saw the frame move up enough to touch the body. I got under her and found a rotten frame.:mad: I'd expected bushings but the frame took me by surprise. The car was from Missouri and only has 50K on the ticker so it wasn't something I'd expect with that few miles on it.:( Check things out and I'd bet you find some issues you didn't expect either.;)

My car was uneven from side to side and sat crooked too, and after the DSE suspension was installed it sat perfectly so something on my car "WAS" in a bind and was solved after the installation of the new suspension.

Did this issue exist "Before" you installed the DSE products or only after?

a front endlink with worn bushings or wrong spacer tube could also cause it to lean but every leaning GN ive seen was fixed by removing the rear sway bar ( ive done a lot of HR bar installs)
the stocker gets bent and stays bent and that leans the car. age doesn't help and parking on non even surface hold the bar twisted but its always the passenger side rear thats higher. this is more than likely from the use of airbags in passenger spring. the bags arent good for the spring but even with bag removed and springs replaced it will still lean .
even the big atr style bars are known to be tweaked .(search for thread on leaning car that went pages and sure enough it was the big bar)

unbolt the rear bar , its a spring and over time it takes a set

My car was uneven from side to side and sat crooked too, and after the DSE suspension was installed it sat perfectly so something on my car "WAS" in a bind and was solved after the installation of the new suspension.

Did this issue exist "Before" you installed the DSE products or only after?
Yes it was a little off before but seems exagerated now after the swap. This car did have air bag in the pass rear when I got it and that was the first thing I removed before buying suspension parts. I will unbolt bar tonight and try to get it on a lift this weekend to really check the frame and bushing holes. I would not have seen how bad it looked unless I had let little bro drive and me follow.