AF ratio with Alky

mzunino

I had a FAST and Alky kit installed on my GN. It runs about 11.2 Wot on a dual nozzle kit. It put down 533 at the wheels is that too lean for that hp? That's at 22 psi on a 6766.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I personally like to keep it on the rich side, like 10.6-10.8.

Especially dual nozzle most would say should be richer. The more meth, the richer it needs to be to be stoichiometric. Every car is different though. I run my single nozzle 10.5 and no leaner than 11.0:1. I've seen dual nozzle guys run into the high 9's on AFR. If your car likes it and it's knock free, than I say leave it. You could still lay down 500rwhp though and run it a tad richer. If it's knock free now, just add fuel though. Leave the alky alone once knock is handled and adjust AFR with the gas.

It shows knock on Caspers gauge sometimes but never on the scanmaster 3...never audible. Are you turning the alky up in the car (blue knob)or is there another spot to turn it up? I had it tuned so not sure if I should try to adjust myself or take it back

It shows knock on Caspers gauge sometimes but never on the scanmaster 3...never audible. Are you turning the alky up in the car (blue knob)or is there another spot to turn it up? I had it tuned so not sure if I should try to adjust myself or take it back

There are multiple adjustments, but if you are seeing kr, I'd turn it up a bit; the gain or the "blue" knob on your kit, mine is black. That is a hair lean though on dual nozzle so even some extra fuel (gas) may get rid of the little kr your gauge is showing.