Aerospace Front brake feedback

onebadgrandprix

I'm about to purchase aftermarket brakes, I've got a 3585 lb G-body that goes 157 in the quarter (i will have a chute on it this year). I'm thinking about getting the aerospace heavy duty front kit. Any feedback good or bad would be apprieciated. Does anyone know how much of a weight saving it will be?

Thanks,
Paul

I have em on mine, and they work DAMN good. i have the 11 3/4 kit on mine. They will fit in a 15x4 even though they tell you they won't. Install is easy even though the instructions are completely wrong about a couple things. Weight loss with the pro street vented rotor kit is ~25#, most of that rotating. Solid rotors would weigh much less.

Pros:
weight, work good, has dust seals, fixed 4 piston calipers, real trick looking, fair price.

Cons: Had to slightly grind rotor edge with a grinder and flapper wheel because it was contacting rotor (maybe .002-.004). Not a big deal.
Have to permanently modify spindles, but they are a dime a dozen and will never go back.
Pedal feel kinda sucks with powermaster. But they work good. Just feels weird to have a lot of deceleration with little pedal effort. I am used to it though and it does not bother me.
Wheels will be moved out about .5". But if you are running skinny's, it looks about right.

disco stu said:
I have em on mine, and they work DAMN good. i have the 11 3/4 kit on mine. They will fit in a 15x4 even though they tell you they won't. Install is easy even though the instructions are completely wrong about a couple things. Weight loss with the pro street vented rotor kit is ~25#, most of that rotating. Solid rotors would weigh much less.

Pros:
weight, work good, has dust seals, fixed 4 piston calipers, real trick looking, fair price.

Cons: Had to slightly grind rotor edge with a grinder and flapper wheel because it was contacting rotor (maybe .002-.004). Not a big deal.
Have to permanently modify spindles, but they are a dime a dozen and will never go back.
Pedal feel kinda sucks with powermaster. But they work good. Just feels weird to have a lot of deceleration with little pedal effort. I am used to it though and it does not bother me.
Wheels will be moved out about .5". But if you are running skinny's, it looks about right.
Thanks for the feedback!