Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump install

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
This summer i am going to be switching out to 80 lb/Hr Injetors for E-85 use with a bigger turbo/Intercooler combo, so i will be needing a serious fuel pump upgrade and am looking between a in tank double pumper, or a Aeromotive A1000 (11101) because it is much cheaper! My question to all who are running this pump, i would like to retain my stock fuel rails and billit regulator is this possible? Also i was wondering if everyone uses pushlock fuel lines (feed&Return), or if there was anyway to retain the stock fuel lines and, cut and use Swagelok adaptor fitings? Im testing the waters to see which way would be the best decision.
Thanks, Dan

Thanks Turbo, i have ran into that link since posting, i have looked into the Fuelab pump or going with the racetronix intank double pumper kit.

Thanks, Dan

a1000s are garbage, get the fuellab or you will regret it

I'm running the a1000 in my boat with a 468 bbc on nitrous soon to be switching to E85. I have no problems with this pump pushing over 1000 hp. even at full throttle with 60psi at 7000 rpm's Ive never seen the pressure drop on the gauge or my ecu. So why is it " garbage" ?

A1000 Experiences

The pump isn't junk, but does require that it be set up properly with the proprer line sizes and filters.

I had trouble with my own aeromotive, but as I like to say. Under the veil of education I had to try it my way and when I did, I had poor results.

My way was with the pump mounted above the tank, pulling fuel up and out of the tank with the improperly sized feed lines from the tank. I made changes one by one and along the way had to have my spare pump rebuilt. But after setting the pump up according to Aeromotive's spec's I have no issue. 1:1 increase on fuel pressure up to the boost levels I am seeing and AFR's in line.

So the real bottom line is if you don't want to follow the manufacture spec's in setting up you are taking a crap shoot. It all depends on what you are trying to do and how you want to go about it.

Much success, but know there are many people across the U.S. running the a1000.

Much success!!!

The pump has received the garbage award due to the vast amount that fail, leaving enthusiasts stranded on the road. They do better being submerged to help pump heat but externally, good luck with it as a daily driver.

Now having one in a boat makes more sense, you don't drive the boat everyday and the boat can still float to shore. ;)

I'm running the a1000 in my boat with a 468 bbc on nitrous soon to be switching to E85. I have no problems with this pump pushing over 1000 hp. even at full throttle with 60psi at 7000 rpm's Ive never seen the pressure drop on the gauge or my ecu. So why is it " garbage" ?

after you switch to e-85 and now need to maintain afr's in the 8's see if that pump is still enough