AE Enrichment Detail

455 Buick Regal

Ok, so I totally understand "dMAP Noise Threshold" and "AE MAP Decay" (well, I'm 99% sure I do). But I have a question about their relationship: Does "dMAP Noise Threshold" determine when the MAP reading has stabilized? In other words, if I have the noise threshold set at 3 an the MAP fluctuates within that range will decay begin ? Or asked even another way, how does the ECU determine when decay can begin...did I just set that when I set the noise threshold?

Not that I'm anywhere advanced enough to actually apply what I learn here, but I just wanted to know.

from norbs guide..

DMAP Noise Threshold (cts)
When the ECU calculates the rate of change (in counts) on the MAP sensor, it will subtract this value from the calculated number. If the result of this function is less than 0, it will be change back to 0cnts of rate of change.
This gives you a dead band or in another words, this takes out some of the mechanical & electrical variations out of the signal coming back.
AE MAP Decay (uS/RPM cnt)
After acceleration enrichment has occurred, this correction will be reduced by this value over time. Providing that you are still within "VE or Fuel\MAP AE Parameters\AE MAP Limit (kPa)". This only applies to the MAP correction.

Where is this guide you speak of?

Been staying up til 2a this week after everyone in the house goes to bed...soaking up all the info in the FAST manual and various websites & forums. Must've read the manual 10 times, and each time I learn something totally new that I missed before.