CAM Sensor setting

Absolutely, I wasn't implying you did the wrong thing, you did it the right way.
Oh no, I didn't take it as such. But I remember trying to test my crank sensor output and I didn't like having to poke through the installation. You're good bro!

If you work on turbo Buick a lot you don’t need any setting device for the cam sensor. Not trying to be a smart ass. Just saying .
The key word is a lot. Even though I've owned mine now for 11 years, I don't really work it that much. Now have the experience, I see what you're saying. If I'm reading you correctly, you can simply mark reference the opening edge of the interrupter ring on the CAM assembly and do the same on the sensor and simply rotate into position. Without any other tools that's how I'd do it.

I made my own little harness 30 years ago for less than a buck and still have it.

That's cool. I was looking at buying the parts from Caspers and I told the guy my intent and that's when he offered the breakout harness for me. Like I said, I have access to data logging with a CANCaseXL, an NI DAQ and a software application called CANape and I could plot all the signals on start-up. Or I could use an 8 channel O-Scope from work, the thing is it probably wouldn't be helpful to anyone who didn't have a similar setup.

If you work on turbo Buick a lot you don’t need any setting device for the cam sensor. Not trying to be a smart ass. Just saying .

Also with the help of my engine builder, who is also a machinist, I'm planning on build a 3800 series 2 powered Turbo Buick. This is a couple year project, need lots of stuff to line up like getting my hands on a roller and having a place to store. So I need to start working on my own stuff and getting collecting proper tools. Now I probably won't ever assembly a short block, but possibly pulling and replacing an intake or heads might not be out of the question.