adjustable wastegate OR rjc boost controller

spoolinV6

Ok so I'm finally picking up a scanmaster which will give me the ability to play around w/ the boost a bit. I've always let the chip control the boost and now don't know which tool i need in order to manually adjust boost. help me out. thanks

you need both....the actuator opens and closes the flapper on the downpipe and the rjc controller controls the boost and delivers a faster spool up from what ive heard

There are 3 kinds of actuators. Stock non-adjustable low tension, stock adjustable low tension, HD adjustable high tension.

The adjustable actuators you adjust boost by shortening(increase) or lengthening(decrease). They are threaded. You simply unattach it, loosen the nut, and then adjust it. HD(heavy duty) actuators wontallow boost under 18 PSI typically.

carefule with boost, too much boost and not enough octane = blown head gasket

You could adjust boost with the wastegate rod if you want. Don't know about others but I only went to a mbc because I maxed my wastegate rod out and didn't achieve the boost I wanted. I didn't go with wn hd rod because burning my knuckles was becoming a pita.:)

Take Razors advice. How much boost are you running now? Put some alky on that car man. Ask local board member The Wrath what 14 psi on pump gas vs. 25psi on pump gas and meth(alky) feels like.:cool:

haha....an alky kit is def. on the to-do list. Back to my question though, if I was to purchase only the RJC controller would i be able to adjust boost w/ that even if I have the stock, non-adjustable wastegate??

haha....an alky kit is def. on the to-do list. Back to my question though, if I was to purchase only the RJC controller would i be able to adjust boost w/ that even if I have the stock, non-adjustable wastegate??

Yes

I have both on my car now. RJC valve and a HD actuator on the TE-61. Boost comes up quick with both.

I have a stock style adj. actuator here if you need one.

theyre incredibly easy to install, you just remove the stock boost hose, connect one end to the turbo, one end to the WGA,
where the stock hoses were connected.

get one YESTERDAY
youll LOVE it

With an adjustable actuator, you can tighten the puck to where it's just lightly being held shut. That works best with the RJC controller. Yes- installation doesn't get easier than with the RJC(goes right between the compressor and wastgate). If you have an air compressor with a regulator, set it for the PSI you want to run, and blow into the RJC controller. Just adjust the controller, 'til it opens at that pressure and it's preset for your car. Oh yeah- Alky's REAL nice too;) !

sweet...just to clarify this again....you can adjust boost w/ the RJC controller even if you have the stock non adj. wastegate right??

You could adjust boost with the wastegate rod if you want. Don't know about others but I only went to a mbc because I maxed my wastegate rod out and didn't achieve the boost I wanted. I didn't go with wn hd rod because burning my knuckles was becoming a pita.:)

Carefull with that tiny a$$ c-clip