adj shocks vs sway bar

slowGN

Hello,
would a good set of adjustable rear shocks work as good as the heavy duty sway bars do for keeping the car level when launching?
Thanks alot

No. The shocks will dampen the motion, making it slower to shift away from level. But they don't do anything to resist the axle twisting, other than to slow it down. The sway bars provide a force acting in the opposite direction to the twist, and the force gets higher as the twist increases. Also, with the sway bar, you can "preload" the right rear wheel, if you want, to help with a level launch.

thanks for the good info. I might have to save up for the HR bar or is the ATR one just as good?
Thanks again
CJ

I think the HR bar is better, but have not tried it myself. Besides, ATR is out of business. One of the other vendors has their bar now, though. Not sure who. Full Throttle, maybe? Can't make even an educated guess at to whether the HR bar is worth the extra money. Hard to put a $$ value on "better".

Ormand said:
I think the HR bar is better, but have not tried it myself. Besides, ATR is out of business. One of the other vendors has their bar now, though. Not sure who. Full Throttle, maybe? Can't make even an educated guess at to whether the HR bar is worth the extra money. Hard to put a $$ value on "better".
-------------------------------
Mike & Marianne Licht at Full Throttle Speed & Style stock the 1 3/8 rear sway bar. Great people to do business with. Hard to beat their prices or delivery, and I have yet to hear of them having an unhappy customer. Exceptional customer satisfaction orientated business. I just went to a 1" rear sway bar and I am going to try that for a while.

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/